What do you give the man

Page 1 / 2
rainrain1, Jul 10, 5:04am
for dinner when you can't be bothered making anything, but he works hard and needs fed. ? I'd like to just throw him a bone lol

rosejenny38, Jul 10, 5:09am
I Love It ! I wonder how many of us have felt the same ? The best of British Luck to you. Fish & Chips down the road ? Cheers.

gertie, Jul 10, 5:13am
With mine it's sausages and mash potatoe! Lots of tomatoe sauce :0)

pickles7, Jul 10, 5:19am
throw a man a bone ?, you be asking to get a bone right back at ya.

awoftam, Jul 10, 5:21am
Sausages, eggs and chips. Steak eggs and chips. Mince on toast. A good quality brought meat pie with spuds and gravy with peas.

rosejenny38, Jul 10, 5:34am
You are very naughty pickles. I was going to say something similar, like, dress in something that would take his mind off food. Then I remembered the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach, so I just buttoned up.

rainrain1, Jul 10, 5:51am
Don't spoil my fun pickles7. my man wouldn't do that :-))

rosejenny38, Jul 10, 6:28am
rainrain1? Sure ? Better lift your game then girl ? Cheers & fun to you.

pickles7, Jul 10, 6:48am
er um see if he gets it, show him the thread. ; ; you could be dining out, and turning in early.

rainrain1, Jul 10, 7:03am
Cant get much better or bigger than an export quality beef bone hock ladies
Your move. :)))

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/396200829.jpg

asue, Jul 10, 7:13am
Pea, pie and spud (i.e a couple of good steak pies, frozen veg and a pile of mashed potatoes) -- oops see awoftam says the same - or else a fry up of bacon, eggs, hash browns, tin of mushrooms and whatever else I can find to throw together.

pickles7, Jul 10, 7:20am
OH ! my gosh, Cover it;

Cant get much better or bigger than an export quality beef bone hock ladies
Your move. :)))

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/396200829.jpg

rainrain1 (7)7:03 pm, Thu 9 Jul #11

sampa, Jul 10, 7:38am
The number for Pizza Hut? ;-)

sampa, Jul 10, 7:41am
. and a big smile and a mention that if dinner is early/easy/no stress that means an early night might be in order.

sarahb5, Jul 10, 8:42am
I don't have to worry anymore but he got what the rest of us had - have to feed myself and the kids every night anyway. If he doesn't like if he knows where the fridge of the chippie are - we all work hard in this house so he's no different

griffo4, Jul 10, 8:56am
wish they had a like button on here Home kill l take it?

lythande1, Jul 10, 6:36pm
I usually have stuff in the freezer. pie, soup, stews etc. get something out and heat it up.

accroul, Jul 10, 7:36pm
Savory Mince with cubed potato thrown in as well as peas and carrots.
One pot meal = less dishes after too!

rainrain1, Jul 10, 7:38pm
Thanks, I would have, but your freezer is too far away

rainrain1, Jul 10, 7:41pm
Yes, wasn't I a lucky cookie getting that, it sure was mouthwatering

awoftam, Jul 11, 1:49am
Good one.

tramore, Jul 11, 3:44am
Why not an impossible pie where you just mix up egg & milk and pour over bread chopped and then what ever else you have added.

griffo4, Jul 11, 3:52am
You can't beat a nice piece of meat slow cooked
l am going to try the recipe in the latest Taste magazine called Baeckeoffe Stew
It has blade or shin steak, pork shoulder, lamb shoulder and pork hock cut in three, heaps of vege and streaky bacon on top
Just ordered the hock and pork shoulder and will use the hogget that is tough from freezer
Just need to find celeriac

It looks like a man sized meal

rainrain1, Jul 11, 5:49am
sounds very nice

griffo4, Jul 11, 7:54am
will let you know when l make it next week sometime
busy are present feeding out etc and with it being so wet it is a pain
Daily hail showers are not nice for the winterless north especially when you don't have your wet weather gear with you ;-)