What did I do wrong this time

greenforde, Jul 31, 8:50am
Made my usual microwave russian fudge and it turned out hard and broke when trying to cut it into cubes. I was also crunchy not smooth. I cannot work it out.

valentino, Jul 31, 8:21pm
Please give us the recipe that you are using and we will hopefully narrow it down for you.

Cheers

greenforde, Aug 1, 3:05am
3 cups sugar. 1 tab golden syrup, vanilla, half tin condensed milk 125g butter
Microwave for 15-18 mins stirring every 3 mins. Beat till thick about 5 mins,

valentino, Aug 1, 3:54am
3 cups of sugar is a lot with very little moisture elsewhere to completely dissolve sugar or whether the microwave is used to do this, I'm unsure but Microwave to me is false cooking, I have one but is mainly used in other ways
Sure, that amount of sugar will make most things ending up very grainy and hard.

To me that amount of sugar is miles too much poison as Condensed milk is very high in sugar also the golden syrup and butter is liquid fats.

greenforde, if you really want something nice then look at this recipe and do it as exactly written, it is a fail safe recipe and please - do not eat all at once. And yes it has sugar but unlike yours.

125g Butter
2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup brown sugar
100g White Chocolate Melts (I use Nestlé)
Handful of dark chocolate melts (Is melted in a heat proof dish on top of a saucepan with boiling hot water simmering on the stove top element. Do not allow water to get into the choc. When melted just drizzle over the fudge, looks great).

Melt the butter in a pan.
Remove from heat, add the brown sugar and stir until combined with the butter.
Add the condensed milk and stir until combined with the sugar and butter.
Add the golden syrup, mix and return to a low heat. Stir the mixture constantly for 10 minutes (be careful not to let the mixture get to hot or boil to rapidly as the sugar will start to crystallise - which tastes quite nice but ruins the smooth consistency. If the mixture does start to crystallise remove from the heat immediately and stir rapidly).
Remove from the heat and add the chocolate melt. Mix until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a medium size slightly bigger than a loaf tin, refrigerate until set.
Once the log has hardened, drizzle a small amount of melted dark chocolate across the top for decoration. Cut into cubes.
Resist the urge to eat it all before letting others have a piece.

valentino, Jan 29, 3:57pm
Another note re above recipe, except for the refrigeration part is actually quicker than Microwave method, far quicker.

Oh, using this sugar could be interesting, "Organic Coconut Sugar" instead of Brown Sugar - is recommended via link below.

Check out this link,
http://www.chelsea.co.nz/our-products/specialty/orgcoconut-sugar?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Coconut+Sugar&utm_content=Coconut+Sugar+Version+A+CID_197945de2bc44cc233ffc6cbbe580f5f&utm_source=Email