Have asked this in P&A, but thought you guys may.

paix1, Aug 15, 9:22am
. know or have ideas too. My small dogs love dried chicken necks but they are not cheap to buy & I'm wondering if there is a way to do this when I don't have a dehydrator? Someone in P&A suggested doing them in the oven at 50 degrees (I don't know for how long?) All & any ideas most welcome. TIA!

valentino, Aug 15, 8:55pm
Why dry them, they should eat them as they, more nourishing.

They can be frozen and defrosted which is normally the preferred way.

fifie, Aug 15, 9:35pm
id do them like tomatoes in the oven. It could be a long process, few hrs or all day about 100-120c. Take fat off space on tray not touching to let air circulate, keep a eye on them maybe near last couple hours and turn half way. May be you could cut in half lengthwise to speed process up, are ones you buy whole or not, and sprinkle with little extra flavour if you know what the dried ones use. Never heard of them dried, my little boy loves them raw to munch on, just a matter of trying it out.

uli, Aug 16, 6:09am
Why would you dry them if you can buy them fresh from the butcher or supermarket?

I always thought dogs should not get fed chicken bones? Is that only the long ones? I guess neck bones are fairly small.

pinnochio1, Aug 19, 1:48am
I think it is cooked chicken bones that should not be fed to domestic pets, unless you have plenty of money for the surgery that can result from the damage done internally.

awoftam, Aug 19, 2:27am
Any type of cooked bones should not be given to dogs. Many do tho and suffer no ill effect - I just won't risk it.

kirmag, Aug 19, 2:41am
After spending $1000 on a doggy enema for a blockage cos of cooked bones. I wouldn't be drying out bones to give to her. Raw chicken necks is fine for dogs. She is never having cooked bones again.

whitehead., Dec 21, 7:59am
dogs should not be fed cooked bones as they splinter and could put a hole in their gut and kill them feed all bones raw . they love chicken necks my dogs are jack russels and i feed them five chicken necks as a meal or they get too fat .there is a lot of meat on a chicken neck