Help . what can I use

lofty010247, Jul 6, 4:30am
to stick my grated kumara together please . have nary an egg in my pantry and I was going to make kumara rosti

dbab, Jul 6, 4:41am
When I make potato rostis, I don't use any egg. After squeezing out as much liquid as I can in a teatowel, I grab small handfuls of potato and drop them into the hot oil in the pan. I flatten them a bit with the egg slice. I don't have the temperature too high, and I leave them till nicely browned on one side before gently turning them over. They stay together just fine,

kaddiew, Jul 6, 4:45am
Not all rosti recipes have an egg in them. Could you just try without?

SNAP

ange164, Jul 6, 4:45am
I don't know how to make rosti. When I had no egg to coat chicken pieces in order to crumb them, I used natural yoghurt. Would that work in this instance? I would imagine small amount of cornflour batter type mixture would work instead. Just something to glue it together.

lofty010247, Jul 6, 5:11am
thanx people . these ones I'm doing are bake in a muffin pan so all is not lost then . Sue (Mrs L)

samanya, Jul 6, 6:23am
Hmmm, I'd like to know how to do rosti in a muffin pan . sounds good.

lofty010247, Jul 16, 9:44am
Muffin tin Kumara Rosti - makes 4
3 medium purple kumara
1 egg
salt & pepper

Peel & grate kumara, season well with salt. Toss well and leave to sit 15/20 minutes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Stir thru egg & season well with pepper. Pack into well-greased muffin pan - large/Texas- and bake at 220 degrees for 20/25 minutes until golden brown on outside & cooked thru middle.

Found this recipe amongst my pile of cut-out and printed off PC recipes so am unable to attribute this to its creator - sorry!

uli, Mar 9, 1:16am
How did they turn out?
Are they similar to the pan fried version?