245sam an others

korbo, Feb 7, 2:11am
have made the peach/pepper relish, see thread for why, pickles and chutneys. it is yummo... . .

245sam, Feb 7, 2:57am
well done korbo, I have replied to this posting and your earlier ones in the other thread. :-))

korbo, Aug 2, 10:17am
just thought you might like to know what i did today, andhope it will be ok. as i said previous, i love experimenting... .
I was making a second batch of my gerkin/pineapple relish, and as gerkins go a kinda grayish/green colour when cooked, i wondered about putting green food colouring in. I did it to 1/2 the mixture, and now have some beautiful jars of dark green relish, which is like the shop gerking relish.
wish i had done the whole lot now.
ALSO... as i had run out of small jars, (like to give them to the older relatives), ... I had a dozen smallish drinking glasses, that we had bought for candle holders for daughters wedding, but didnt use.
the glasses have a kinda cut glass pattern, like crystal ones, and they look really nice. Not only will they get a tasty relish, but a glass to keep... . . they are so cheap at the redshed... . .
so there u are, a bit of good old kiwi brain... ... ...
ps. wonder what orange food colouring in pickle would be like... . .