flounder

campthorne, Mar 31, 3:31am
any idea what to do with flouder ?

bin-boy-lin, Mar 31, 4:14am
Depending on the size of the fish & your frying pan, or baking dish.
If to big for your frying pan wrap in tin foil and bake about 20 mins @ 180 C. I personally hate adding flavouring as good fish should taste as such. Adding garlic, garlic butter and all the other stuff that some use I feel spoils it. Additional flavouring is a matter of choice.
If fried just about 3 mins either side.

sumstyle, Mar 31, 4:14am
I dust mine with seasoned flour and pan fry it whole in butter

rainrain1, Mar 31, 4:19am
But first make 3 slashes both sides to the bone on the thickest part of the fish, approx one 1" apart helps it to cook more evenly :-)

alig65, Mar 31, 7:50pm
Hear hear, someone who thinks after my own heart. Fresh fish shouldn't need any 'flavourings' as it is best unadulterated! !

red2, Apr 1, 2:22am
some lemon slices are nice on it when baking in tin foil

kabbo, Apr 2, 7:09am
i developed an allergy to fish when i was a kid so i dont eat it anymore, but, my husband does his flounder as another poster above. flour it, and fry in butter (whole). put it on the plate salt and pepper and thats it. i sit there salivating and watching him eat coz it always looks so delicious, and I go "aw - you're so lucky"! !

beaker59, Apr 2, 8:00am
I also flour and fry in butter/oil mix. I've never slashed the fish and not had an issue but might try that next time. I like to cook in a hot pan and get nice crispy fins which I doo like to crunch on a bit like pork crackling.

rog.e, Dec 26, 12:43pm
Sort-of Steamed flounder:

On a plate that will fit over a pot of boiling water place flounder
Pour milk on and around the fish onto the plate
Dot with butter/Olivani/Olivio etc. Butter tastes best
Grind a little pepper over fish. Salt if you wish
Lay a parsley sprig on top. a slice of lemon if liked is nice too

Place the plate on top of the pot of boiling water and cover the fish on the plate with the pot lid.

Cook until when you lift the flesh at the thickest part is comes awayfrtom the backbone easil.

Tip milk into a small pot and thicken with milk and flour. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Can add a small pinch of Mace or Nutmeg to the sauce. OR finely chopped dill leaves.

Slide the fish onto a warmed serving plate and add the sauce.
Enkoy.
V