orzo

paynta1, Mar 19, 9:15pm
where would i buy this, is it a pasta or rice product.

245sam, Mar 19, 9:22pm
paynta1, orzo is also known as risone/risoni and it is a rice-shaped pasta product - some supermarkets stock it (look for San Remo brand) and it can be also be found at Bin Inn. :-))

melford, Mar 19, 9:23pm
It is a pasta shaped like rice. It is sometimes called "risoni". Try Binn Inn

paynta1, Mar 19, 9:29pm
ok thanks.

cookessentials, Mar 19, 9:33pm
Orzo is a pasta and is quite delicious. Mum does a beautiful orzo dish with wood smoked salmon amongst other things stirred through it.

dbab, Mar 19, 10:51pm
Have just posted a smoked chicken and roast vegetable salad with risoni/orzo in it.

ruby19, Mar 20, 9:27pm
This is a great salad, Spinach, feta & orzo salad. 448 g uncooked orzo pasta, 280 g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped,
225 g crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 red onion, finely chopped, 100 g pine nuts, 1/2 tsp dried basil ( or fresh to taste), 1/4 tsp ground pepper, 120 ml olive oil, 120 ml balsamic vinegar.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.

lizzie2000, Mar 20, 10:26pm
I've just discovered it, was at a gourmet food shop but not that expensive. I hope you can get it at the supermarket as that shop is a bit out of my way. I poach chicken and then dice it up, mix a bit of curry powder in some mayo, chop dried apricots and sprinkly ground almonds over and stir together. It is my take on a coronation chicken orzo salad I had at a garden centre cafe at Papamoa a couple of weeks ago. Yummo!

uli, Apr 2, 9:28pm
risoni bump

paynta1, Dec 28, 5:12pm
lizzie2000 I brought it at countdown, was under $5