Cakes never ever rise

lilybing1, Mar 25, 9:48am
why does this happen? Every time i make a cake they never seem to rise. They almost always come out no higher then 4cm, that is just ridiculous

lizab, Mar 25, 9:59am
tell us what you do, what ingredients you use, what pan you bake your cakes in and how hot you have your oven? We'll help you make a decent cake :)

dilligaf_dah, Mar 25, 10:44am
Two problems prob.One the oven not hot enough before putting cake inAlways heat the over 20 to 30 degrees hotter than it says then turn it to the stated temp when you put the cake in ( the oven losses heat when you open the door to put the cake in)
The baking powder these days is not as strong as it used to beso double that. I always double mine and the results are back to what they used to be.
Also use aslightly smaller tim with a higher mix so it will be a higher cake

lx4000, Mar 26, 4:36am
how old is your bp and bs? They could be too old!!

If you only cook now and then, see if you can buy from bin inn!!

whitehead., Mar 26, 5:07am
how are you storing your baking powder .try buying less and getting an air tight pot or jar

whitehead., Mar 26, 5:08am
also give your baking powder a good shake up each time you use it .

lilybing1, Mar 26, 9:48am
why does this happen! Every time i make a cake they never seem to rise. They almost always come out no higher then 4cm, that is just ridiculous

lizab, Mar 26, 9:59am
tell us what you do, what ingredients you use, what pan you bake your cakes in and how hot you have your oven! We'll help you make a decent cake :)

lx4000, Mar 27, 4:36am
how old is your bp and bs! They could be too old!

If you only cook now and then, see if you can buy from bin inn!