Raspberry Coulis recipe PLEASE.

love2shop, Mar 25, 7:28am
Hi there. I would appreciate a tried and true recipe for raspberry coulis please. I am making the coulis for a crowd to go with chocolate pecan brownie and white chocolate ice cream and have confused myself with recipe options. Terrified that I might ruin 2kg of raspberries!!!!! If I make far too much can I freeze left over coulis even if the berries have been defrosted?

geldof, Mar 25, 7:32am
Push raspberries through a sieve to remove seeds.
add icing sugar to taste.
i usually add lemon juice too.

i personally would risk re freezing leftovers, if it had been in the fridge and not sitting out for long periods.freeze down in small portions.

love2shop, Mar 25, 7:39am
Thanks geldof. Do you put icing sugar or castor sugar over the berries overnight or just leave in fridge and do in one hit. There seems to be two versions, yours and a cooked one almost like a jam style. I want a clear, vibrant result so not sure which one is best for berry quantity. Now I risk muddling you. Sorry. You have been quick and kind to share. :)

shop-a-holic, Mar 25, 7:58am
The clear result is by pushing the fruit through the sieve, so that no pips/seeds are present. Either way will do the trick, but I do it beforehand, so to taste, and adjust sugar accordingly.

jessie981, Mar 25, 8:28am
Good reliable cook's recipe
This is a raspberry coulis that I do. Make sure you use caster sugar as it dissolves far quicker and gives you a brighter,clearer sauce.
Just follow the same instructions for the fruit you have which should be fine.

200g fresh raspberries
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Combine raspberries, caster sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, stir to dissolve sugar. Simmer 1-2 minutes until sugar has dissolved and raspberries begin to break down.

Remove from heat, pass through a sieve. Set sauce aside to cool.
Quote cookessentials (1151 )

love2shop, Mar 25, 8:30am
Thanks everyone for your help.
Off to the kitchen now!!!!!

love2shop, Mar 26, 7:28am
Hi there. I would appreciate a tried and true recipe for raspberry coulis please. I am making the coulis for a crowd to go with chocolate pecan brownie and white chocolate ice cream and have confused myself with recipe options. Terrified that I might ruin 2kg of raspberries! If I make far too much can I freeze left over coulis even if the berries have been defrosted!

jessie981, Mar 26, 8:28am
Good reliable cook's recipe
This is a raspberry coulis that I do. Make sure you use caster sugar as it dissolves far quicker and gives you a brighter,clearer sauce.
Just follow the same instructions for the fruit you have which should be fine.

200g fresh raspberries
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Combine raspberries, caster sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, stir to dissolve sugar. Simmer 1-2 minutes until sugar has dissolved and raspberries begin to break down.

Remove from heat, pass through a sieve. Set sauce aside to cool.
Quote cookessentials (1151 )

love2shop, Mar 26, 8:30am
Thanks everyone for your help.
Off to the kitchen now!