Easy Entree

proffessor_plum, Mar 25, 6:25am
I want to cook a special family meal tomorrow night.There will be myself, Hubby and 10yo fusspot!Child suggested he wanted fish (trying his luck for fish & chips), so we decided on baked spud and grilled fish with vege for main.I assume for that, I just put the fish on some tin foil, add some lemon flavoured olive oil and grill for ???? at ???? temp?But I also thought I could jazz the meal a bit with an entree (make son feel a bit special).He doesnt really do seafood, so srimp cocktail is out.Any other ideas?Thanx

jessie981, Mar 25, 6:33am
fish bites small salad

evorotorua, Mar 25, 7:06am
For the main, I would use firm fish fillets, dip into some salted milk and then into breadcrumbs to coat. Put onto a lightly greased baking tray and spray with some spray oil. Bake for about 10 -15 mins on 180C depending on the the size of the fillet. Serve with tartare sauce and lemon wedges, tomato sauce if he wants. For an entree for a fussy one....maybe use some fresh or par-cooked veges with dips to make it fun for him. (Cherry tomatoes, par-cooked green beans, slices of baby cabbage, lettuce leaves, mushrooms, cucumber etc) Or use some firm lettuce leaves (cos maybe) and put some sir fried rice and vege in each one to eat with fingers. Serve his drink in a nice wine glass or similar with ice. I liked doing this with my kids and I feel it isn't so much WHAT they end up eating but rather that they really enjoy a special meal-time with family and the effort and care you have put into it.

nosafari, Mar 25, 9:24am
Yep, thought he could have some leomade in a wine glass, Hubby is easy to please, so its just a nice entree, something we can all enjoy.

proffessor_plum, Mar 26, 6:25am
I want to cook a special family meal tomorrow night.There will be myself, Hubby and 10yo fusspot!Child suggested he wanted fish (trying his luck for fish & chips), so we decided on baked spud and grilled fish with vege for main.I assume for that, I just put the fish on some tin foil, add some lemon flavoured olive oil and grill for ! at ! temp!But I also thought I could jazz the meal a bit with an entree (make son feel a bit special).He doesnt really do seafood, so srimp cocktail is out.Any other ideas!Thanx

evorotorua, Mar 26, 7:06am
For the main, I would use firm fish fillets, dip into some salted milk and then into breadcrumbs to coat. Put onto a lightly greased baking tray and spray with some spray oil. Bake for about 10 -15 mins on 180C depending on the the size of the fillet. Serve with tartare sauce and lemon wedges, tomato sauce if he wants. For an entree for a fussy one.maybe use some fresh or par-cooked veges with dips to make it fun for him. (Cherry tomatoes, par-cooked green beans, slices of baby cabbage, lettuce leaves, mushrooms, cucumber etc) Or use some firm lettuce leaves (cos maybe) and put some sir fried rice and vege in each one to eat with fingers. Serve his drink in a nice wine glass or similar with ice. I liked doing this with my kids and I feel it isn't so much WHAT they end up eating but rather that they really enjoy a special meal-time with family and the effort and care you have put into it.