Cauliflower Pure - Help on how to make this please

matt_forall, Mar 23, 12:22am
would love a receipe on how to make Cauliflower pure Im sure its real easy but Ive never made it before and Ive heard of some people adding milk, butter to it like mash potatoes.TIA

davidt4, Mar 23, 1:09am
Cauliflower Puree is delicious and very easy as long as you have a food processor or a sturdy stick blender.Steam or boil the cauil until completely tender, drain well, blitz to a fine puree with butter or creme fraiche, lots of salt and pepper.

You can also incorporate an equal quantity of kumara or butternut - cook together with the cauli.

It won't work using a potao masher or ricer as you need to bllitz the veges at high speed to get a velvety texture.

harrislucinda, Mar 23, 1:45am
yes ihavejuststarteddoingthistomycaulithathasbeenfrozenturnedoutnice

matt_forall, Mar 23, 2:32am
great. thanks heaps ladies will try it tonight

sarahj1, Mar 23, 3:05am
After you drain the cauli, put it back over low heat for a few mins with no lid, shaking it, to really dry it out.Otherwise when you puree it it can go watery.
When DH is doing no-carbs I make this(with cream!) as "mashed potato" substitute - a bit of garlic salt in it is good too...mmm

shop-a-holic, Mar 23, 4:16am
Instead of water, I look the Cauliflower in Milk. If you need to add liquid to a puree in the blender, the milk is great!

davidt4, Mar 24, 1:09am
Cauliflower Puree is delicious and very easy as long as you have a food processor or a sturdy stick blender.Steam or boil the cauil until completely tender, drain well, blitz to a fine puree with butter or creme fraiche, lots of salt and pepper.

You can also incorporate an equal quantity of kumara or butternut - cook together with the cauli.

It won't work using a potao masher or ricer as you need to bllitz the veges at high speed to get a velvety texture.

sarahj1, Mar 24, 3:05am
After you drain the cauli, put it back over low heat for a few mins with no lid, shaking it, to really dry it out.Otherwise when you puree it it can go watery.
When DH is doing no-carbs I make this(with cream!) as "mashed potato" substitute - a bit of garlic salt in it is good too.mmm