Mushroom soup recipe

shelley39, Mar 21, 2:41am
I would love to make a nice mushroom soup, Anyone have a tried and true recipe and if it can be made in the crockpot would be even better,Thanks

ant_sonja, Mar 21, 3:09am
I basically just saute mushrooms, onion & garlic in some butter and add cream (about 400-500ml)as well as some stock (200-300ml) then simmer until soft enough to blend (keep some of the sliced mushroom aside to add back into the soup if you don't want to blend the whole lot) - Season with nutmeg, salt & white pepper and return to heat(if you have kept some aside, add the remaining sliced mushrooms now & cook for approx another 10 minutes) Stir through plenty of freshly chopped chives (tarragon is nice too) and serve with parmesan shavings & lots of freshly ground black pepper. I also drizzle with a god quality olive oil. Sorry my measurements are vague, I mostly cook by 'feel' but if the soup is too thick for your liking you can add more stock and/or cream - if you prefer it thicker, stir through a small amount of cooked/mashed potato. You can also pour in a small glass of white wine after you have sautéed the onions etc, let it cook down for a couple of minutes and reduce before adding the stock & cream. Hope this helps :-)

shelley39, Mar 21, 7:31am
that sounds nice. I will try it on the weekend

lindylambchops1, Mar 21, 9:20am
Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
Pinch of sugar
tin evaporated milk
Handful (approx. 3/4 cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions:
First: Put all ingredients except the mushrooms in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add mushrooms and pulse 2-3 times until mushrooms are chopped.
Second: Pour into a 2-quart Pyrex bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, whisking well after two minutes and again at the end of cooking time. If not thick enough, add 30 seconds and whisk again.

I love this one & make it often.

ant_sonja, Mar 22, 3:09am
I basically just saute mushrooms, onion & garlic in some butter and add cream (about 400-500ml)as well as some stock (200-300ml) then simmer until soft enough to blend (keep some of the sliced mushroom aside to add back into the soup if you don't want to blend the whole lot) - Season with nutmeg, salt & white pepper and return to heat(if you have kept some aside, add the remaining sliced mushrooms now & cook for approx another 10 minutes) Stir through plenty of freshly chopped chives (tarragon is nice too) and serve with parmesan shavings & lots of freshly ground black pepper. I also drizzle with a god quality olive oil. Sorry my measurements are vague, I mostly cook by 'feel' but if the soup is too thick for your liking you can add more stock and/or cream - if you prefer it thicker, stir through a small amount of cooked/mashed potato. You can also pour in a small glass of white wine after you have sautéed the onions etc, let it cook down for a couple of minutes and reduce before adding the stock & cream. Hope this helps :-)