Barbecue rotisserie chicken help

fishheadsoup, Mar 19, 7:42am
Havent used the rotisserie on barbe before and was hoping to cook a chicken but thought it safer if i got advice first before a disaster like burnt skin and raw meat there must be some rules i should follow any advice much appreciated thanks

fisher, Mar 19, 8:55am
After defrosted in fridge, wash you chook inside and outside thoroughly..
soften (not melt) some butter and add some lemon zest, white pepper and fresh fine chopped tarragon and mix together... Push butter under chicken skin all over and press to flatten out. .Put some lemon slices inside the cavity as well as a bunch of fresh washed parsley.. You need to secure the wings and legs so they dont flop as the rotisserie turns.. Chicken ties or as I do and strip the plastic off wire ties and use the clean wire.. install the skewers and place on the rotisserie unit ... In a small long stainless or glass dish, pour some olive oil and add some fine chopped tarragon ...slice a "small" red chilli in half and deseed . cut in half and add to the oil.. make a brush using tarragon stalks and soak in the oil.. as the chicken turn, baste/brush the chicken with the oil for a nice tasty crispy skin.. use a meat thermometer ... check the membrane between the drum and the chicken..
clear running juices will all tell you the chooks doneness... Remove from rotisserie, rest chook while you dish up other veges etc.. then use mit protected skewer to hold onto to carve chook...

fisher, Mar 20, 8:55am
After defrosted in fridge, wash you chook inside and outside thoroughly.
soften (not melt) some butter and add some lemon zest, white pepper and fresh fine chopped tarragon and mix together. Push butter under chicken skin all over and press to flatten out. .Put some lemon slices inside the cavity as well as a bunch of fresh washed parsley. You need to secure the wings and legs so they dont flop as the rotisserie turns. Chicken ties or as I do and strip the plastic off wire ties and use the clean wire. install the skewers and place on the rotisserie unit . In a small long stainless or glass dish, pour some olive oil and add some fine chopped tarragon .slice a "small" red chilli in half and deseed . cut in half and add to the oil. make a brush using tarragon stalks and soak in the oil. as the chicken turn, baste/brush the chicken with the oil for a nice tasty crispy skin. use a meat thermometer . check the membrane between the drum and the chicken.
clear running juices will all tell you the chooks doneness. Remove from rotisserie, rest chook while you dish up other veges etc. then use mit protected skewer to hold onto to carve chook.