Crock pot tip

popit_nz, Mar 19, 1:20am
was just reading an old message about 6 pages in so thought it would start a new thread.
Someone was asking what to do if you wanted to cook something in your crock pot but had to go to work but timing wise the meal didnt need to start cooking untill lunch time.

I have often used a timer that you plug into the hotpoint to delay the start of the cooking time.

Just plug the timer into the hot point, crock pot into the timer have the food ready to go in the crock and the crock all set at the temp needed and everything on and the timer set with the appropiate delay and whola your all go!!!....works a treat and we have still been able to come home to a ready cooked meal with out having to worry if it is going to be over cooked

jag5, Mar 19, 4:20am
Yep....use a timer too.Brilliant

popit_nz, Mar 20, 1:20am
was just reading an old message about 6 pages in so thought it would start a new thread.
Someone was asking what to do if you wanted to cook something in your crock pot but had to go to work but timing wise the meal didnt need to start cooking untill lunch time.

I have often used a timer that you plug into the hotpoint to delay the start of the cooking time.

Just plug the timer into the hot point, crock pot into the timer have the food ready to go in the crock and the crock all set at the temp needed and everything on and the timer set with the appropiate delay and whola your all go!.works a treat and we have still been able to come home to a ready cooked meal with out having to worry if it is going to be over cooked

stormbaby, Mar 20, 2:38am
Here's a tip. Buy the 2 cooked chooks at the supermarket ($18 here) and turn your crockpot on warm when you leave home. When you get home, pop it to high (or if you are only going to be a short time, put it on high when you leave) and pop the chickens in there. I have done this for years. Keeps the chickens hot safely. I turn them down to low till tea time, and have done this for up to half a day no problem.
Those chickens go such a long way in this household. That night I take all the meat off for my chicken casserole the next day, the carcasses go back in the crockpot overnight for stock, then made into soup.

jag5, Mar 20, 4:20am
Yep.use a timer too.Brilliant