Savory Eggs

dep3, Mar 9, 11:17pm
I have been asked to bring a plate of savory eggs to a family reunion soon. I have done them many times, but I wondered if there is a more modern updated version of this recipe that I could wow them with. I have googled unsuccessfully.

bigjules1, Mar 9, 11:34pm
I bet you have been asked to do them because everyone loves them just as you do them now. Don't change what isn't broke! Traditional is the best.

shellz596, Mar 10, 12:49am
Hi do you think you can post your recipe for your savery eggs ?
Thanks

dep3, Mar 10, 1:12am
Boil the eggs. Scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Mix with butter, mayonnaise, pepper and salt, chopped parsley and pipe back into egg whites. Also you can add curry if desired.

pixiegirl, Mar 10, 3:58am
Yum - they bring back memories - that is probably the reason YOU were asked to bring the eggs - you do them so well.

rainrain1, Mar 10, 5:17am
Freds Eggs... ... Add to yolks... . mayonnaise, garlic, curry, salt and pepper, seafood sauce, tomato sauce and 1 Tblsp melted butter
(Freds from Aussie)

margyr, Mar 10, 7:39am
and it has to be the mayo made with condensed milk, yummo!

darlingmole, Mar 10, 7:50am
joking, right?

falconhell2002, Mar 10, 8:00am
lmao I dont think so. We have these eggs often and the popular view is they have to be made with condensed milk mayo. Well thats my family anyway, and yes I did read the cm thread and had a good laugh!

margyr, Mar 10, 8:19am
nah darlingmole, not joking, try them cant beat them especially with a pinch or 2 of curry powder.

korbo, Mar 10, 8:40am
I agree, you just gotta make them with cond milk mayo. same with egg and chive sandys, they just dont taste right if bought mayo used.

elliehen, Mar 10, 10:23am
You could mash an avocado with the egg yolk and do a Dr Seuss ;)

elliehen, Mar 10, 10:33am
Here it is!

snapit, Mar 10, 9:38pm
This wonderful thread has been created by members of the Trademe recipe forum and stack of --thought it was so wonderful she would hijack it.
You are most welcome to come and visit us at Trademe Community Recipe forum
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Threads. aspx
? topic=13
for other wonderful threads, and, if you are quick you will get them a minute or so before they are transferred to the stack site.

motorbo, Oct 19, 9:57pm
i used to make them alot years ago and people raved about them, i always used highlander homemade mayo, dry mustard, salt to whip togetehr with the cooked yolks