Courgette relish

mas45, Mar 12, 10:53pm
I grew golden courgettes this year and its still going strong and after I ate and gave away all I could I came upon this recipe and it is seriously nice. I don't use the cayenne, I use 2 fresh chillies and I used less sugar, anyway...
1.5kg courgettes, grated
250g onions, finely chopped
5 tbsp salt
625ml cider vinegar
1kg caster sugar
1tbsp grated nutmeg
1tbsp dry mustard
1tbsp tumeric
1tbsp corn flour
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
Combine the courgette and onions in a large bowl, sprinkle with the salt and leave to stand overnight. Drain the juices that have collected in the bowl, then rinse the vegetables in cold water and drain once more. In a large pot combine the courgette and onion with the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for about 40 minutes until the mixture has reduced and thickened. Sterilize six jars of 500 ml capacity and spoon the relish into them while hot. Cap and seal tightly.
Cheers Matt

jenner4, Mar 13, 1:57am
Many many thanks . I was just wondering about a new courgettes relish recipe and I have a few courgettes looking to get in a pot and cook

mas45, Mar 13, 10:53pm
I grew golden courgettes this year and its still going strong and after I ate and gave away all I could I came upon this recipe and it is seriously nice. I don't use the cayenne, I use 2 fresh chillies and I used less sugar, anyway.
1.5kg courgettes, grated
250g onions, finely chopped
5 tbsp salt
625ml cider vinegar
1kg caster sugar
1tbsp grated nutmeg
1tbsp dry mustard
1tbsp tumeric
1tbsp corn flour
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
Combine the courgette and onions in a large bowl, sprinkle with the salt and leave to stand overnight. Drain the juices that have collected in the bowl, then rinse the vegetables in cold water and drain once more. In a large pot combine the courgette and onion with the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for about 40 minutes until the mixture has reduced and thickened. Sterilize six jars of 500 ml capacity and spoon the relish into them while hot. Cap and seal tightly.
Cheers Matt