Do you cook everything at once in the oven

vmare, Mar 9, 4:16am
Like some muffins while the roasts cooking or does it taint your baking?

andi.surf, Mar 9, 4:39am
Yip is fine, if oven is on might as well be full .Saves power too rather than doing everything one at a time

lx4000, Mar 9, 5:17am
if roasting, that would be the lowest and then I would have a tray under the what-ever baking above to it wasn't tainted by the meat. Along as it was a thermowave oven!! hehehe

kinna54, Mar 9, 9:13am
yes. but I don't cook savoury dishes in with sweet. I just work out from my recipes what things will cook at the same time and temperature, and what will fit in the oven together, eg the other day I made a sponge pudding and a loaf and cooked all together. Another one I do is savoury scones and pizza. If you are using a fan bake oven, be aware that cooking results may vary, and not all recipes can be fan baked.

vmare, Mar 10, 4:16am
Like some muffins while the roasts cooking or does it taint your baking!

lx4000, Mar 10, 5:17am
if roasting, that would be the lowest and then I would have a tray under the what-ever baking above to it wasn't tainted by the meat. Along as it was a thermowave oven! hehehe

kinna54, Mar 10, 9:13am
yes. but I don't cook savoury dishes in with sweet. I just work out from my recipes what things will cook at the same time and temperature, and what will fit in the oven together, eg the other day I made a sponge pudding and a loaf and cooked all together. Another one I do is savoury scones and pizza. If you are using a fan bake oven, be aware that cooking results may vary, and not all recipes can be fan baked.