Had chicken chili calzone for lunch

trader-joy, Mar 8, 1:53am
It was so yum!!!!! I really need to know how to make this. Does anyone have a recipe please.....

trader-joy, Mar 8, 2:10am
Anyone...

johnmd1, Mar 8, 4:40am

retired, Mar 8, 5:28am
This is the one from Peter Sidwill which I make all the time, never had a flop.500g strong white flour, 25g fresh or 1 satchet dried yeast, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 340ml warm water.Place flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a bowl.Add water little at a time until you get a nice smooth dough.Leave to prove for 30 minutes (or when doubled in size) then knead for a few minutes until smooth and easy to work with.Tear pieces off about size of golf ball.Dust surface with little flour and roll or use you hand to flatten out to about cm thick.Fill half dough with favourite deli items i.e. mozzarella, olives, tomatoes, basil whatever you like I have used ham, bacon etc.Fold over the dough and seal tightly.Place calzone onto a baking tray, cook at 180C for 15 minutes until golden brown.My family love them.

trader-joy, Mar 8, 7:20pm
Thanks so much...

trader-joy, Mar 8, 7:26pm
Cant wait to make these off to supermarket yeah

trader-joy, Mar 9, 1:53am
It was so yum! I really need to know how to make this. Does anyone have a recipe please.

trader-joy, Mar 9, 2:10am
Anyone.

suzanna, Mar 9, 2:48am
Hi can you tell me please the weight of a sachet of yeast as I have jars but no sachets. Thank you.

retired, Mar 9, 7:04pm
Hi Suzanne - I have just looked and it does not say how much is in each packet, weighed they are 9 gms each in their foil packet.I buy Edmonds in the box as it keeps so well.I have never made anything with yeast so easy so good luck!

trader-joy, Mar 9, 7:20pm
Thanks so much.

pink-dragon, Mar 9, 8:25pm
Hi there, just found this useful conversion hope this helps
For dry yeast (like in those little foil packets or in glass jars) - 1 teaspoon of yeast weighs about 3.1 g.

1 packet of dry yeast weighs 1/4 oz or 7 grams, and contains about 2 1/4 teaspoons. So, if my math still works, 7 grams divided by 2.25 teaspoons = 3.11 grams per teaspoon.