Freezing Biscuit Dough and getting it out later.

ma51, Feb 27, 7:46am
I would like to pre make some biscuit dough and pop in the freezer for unexpected visitors etc.Then when they come get them out and cook.What recipes do people have.Thank you!

245sam, Feb 27, 8:02am
here's one for you ma51 - found by doing a search here on this Trademe MB using refrigerator biscuits as the Keywords and Anytime as the Date posted option.....

"I have a great Margaret Fulton recipe which is a real goodie. You can freeze it or keep in fridge for a long period of time. You make it into a log and then sliice biscuits off and bake, you can add various ingredients for different flavours etc...will have to look for it though.
Quote cookessentials (1148 )7:15 am, Thu 1 Jul #3

Found it on the biscuits and slices thread
Refrigerator Biscuits-Makes 6 dozen!! This dough can me stored,wrapped in freezer for months.Also can be stored for up to two weeks in fridge.
185g butter;1 cup firmly packed brown sugar;1 egg;1 tsp vanilla;2 1/4 cups flour;1/2 tsp salt;1/2 tsp baking powder.Cream butter & sugar,add egg and vanilla,beat well.Sift fliour,salt & b.p.Stir into creamed mix.Wrap in plastic wrap or foil,freeze until needed. cont....
Quotebrianmac (133 ) 3:25 pm, Sat 29 Jul #74
Slice thinly Put on a baking tray and bake in pre heated mod oven for 7-10 mins.Can be decorated with cherries or almonds or brushed with egg white and sprinkled with sugar before baking.. Makes 6 dozen.

Quotebrianmac (133 )
Quote cookessentials (1148 )9:14 am, Thu 1 Jul #4"

Hope that helps.:-))

ma51, Feb 27, 8:06am
Thank you.I intend to make a lot while me children are on camp.