Whas for dinner....??

fisher, Feb 20, 12:50am
Chicken Curry and Ginger over rice..
Ingredients:
Chicken drums and wings, quickly browned in a saucepan with oil, just enough to colour.. 2 large onions, sliced thinly.. 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely.. 1 tbsp soy sauce.. 1 to 2 tsp Madras curry powder (depends on how you like it).. 2 tsp chili powder.. 1 tsp turmeric.. 1 tsp ground ginger.. 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
Method:
Mix all ingredients, together in the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low from 6 to 8 hours, high for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
Serve over rice that has turmeric and washed frozen peas mixed through it..

fifie, Feb 20, 1:02am
Yum, Fisher sounds good. Porterhouse steak for us tonight, but what to have with it ?? its so hot here don't feel like cooking, maybe a salad iv'e got some raspberry balsamic vinegar to use up that might be refreshing..

vintagekitty, Feb 20, 1:08am
easy dinner here, steak, sweetcorn, baked potatoes and salad

lizab, Feb 20, 1:31am
honemade beef burgers in homemade bread buns :)

kinna54, Feb 20, 1:38am
Crumbed fish, potato sald made with my bacon dressing, and perhaps a few salad greens on the side.

ant_sonja, Feb 20, 1:40am
I have beef mince out to thaw which isn't terribly exciting in itself but I'm hoping to put together a greek inspired meat loaf - will have it with Salad made of lots of fresh cucumber (will make some zatziki too), tomatoes and onion from the garden and probably a little bit of rice on the side. Some sort of sauce too as there will be yummy roasted pan juices from the meat loaf - something spicy with lots of paprika and herbs I think :-)

valentino, Feb 20, 1:50am
Having Asian peppered steak with rice this evening.

Using sichuan peppercorns and black peppercorns crushed.

Oh, must add, a glass of nice red wine to go with it.

toadfish, Feb 20, 2:10am
Funny you should ask Fisher... we are having....

Fishers Glazed Meatballs

500g Pork Mince (I have used beef & Chicken), 1 onion, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 Tbs Soy Sauce, 1 Egg, 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs. Roll in flour, cook in oil.

Add following glaze once meatballs are cooked. Glaze: 2 Tbs Brown Sugar, 2 Tbs Soy Sauce, 1 Tbs Tomato Sauce, 1 Tbs water mix all ingredients together.

(I usually double or triple the glaze as we like more "gravy" on the rice eg 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup Soy sauce, 1/8 Cup Tomato Sauce and 1/8 cup of water)

I am making a double batch... one for tonight and one for the freezer..

julie28, Feb 20, 2:15am
Could you make this with breasts or thighs

fisher, Feb 20, 2:40am
sure can :]In fact original recipe had chicken breasts cut into large 2 cm chunks..Just quickly colour the chicken before placing in crockpot..colour not cook.. :}I just turned mine over and have added a crushed chicken cube as well...

fisher, Feb 20, 2:43am
Hi Toady..... yes, saves a lot of time doubling up and its all ready when in rush time...Love that sauce ... reckon a couple of cloves of garlic finely chopped could be nice added...:}

elliehen, Feb 20, 2:57am
fisher, did you see the thread yesterday where a poster was asking for favourite smoked fish/meat rubs?

fisher, Feb 20, 3:45am
Hi ellie... I put up a meat rub... chicken /pork /beef I don't use a rub as such on fish ..

cookessentials, Feb 20, 4:01am
Freedom Farms crispy pork belly with Provencal tomatoes on the side. Pork is getting crispy in the oven right now, tomatoes have been hollowed out,awaiting for me to make the mix ( instead of sitting at the dining room tabl,edrinking coffee and posting here ! LOL)

earthangel4, Feb 20, 4:06am
just me tonight
Having sausages in bread with lots of tomato sauce,I know I am naughty.

earthangel4, Feb 20, 4:06am
yum,my mouth is watering lol

cookessentials, Feb 20, 4:31am
So is mine LOL. Just checked it and the crackling is crispy ( yes, we tried some) about to add the milk and cook for another hour or so. The provencal tomatoes are basically hollowed out and filled with finely chopped shallots, a mixture of salt,sugar and nutmeg and a mixture of chopped,fresh herbs and cooked at high heat in a frypan,then wine added and lid on and cooked a further 10 mins and then topped with freshly toasted breadcrumbs on top

falcon-hell, Feb 20, 4:38am
homemade buns,spicy pork,lettuce,tomato etc etc,just like subway at home.

player_smurf, Feb 20, 5:27am
Fresh snapper..caught this morning!

motorbo, Feb 20, 5:41am
chicken stirfry, dunno why but used to hate them now i adore stirfrys!!

elliehen, Feb 20, 9:05am
Thanks fisher...hope the poster is appreciative.