Fish soup

motorbo, Feb 16, 3:41am
whilst out fishing i was talkin to my sister about a soup my mum used to make when we were kids, she made fish stock then added rice and parsley, yup that was it, my sister said in those days mum would find alsorts of ways to stretch food etc, but damn this soup was yummy!! anyone else got a fish soup to share :)

beaker59, Feb 16, 4:20am
We made the stock then sauteed a couple of finely chopped onions added the stock and a bottle of cream salt and pepper to taste simmer till onion cooked couldn't be simpler.

rainrain1, Feb 16, 4:52am
I have just finished making Seafood Gumbo Soup for my tea, have had a taste and it's pretty darn good.

2 large onions, peeled and diced
4 stalks celery finely sliced
1 green pepper cored and diced
1 ham steak diced
1 tsp each ceyenne, white and black pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1Tbsp tobasco sauce
2 400gr tins tomatoes in puree
1 litre fish or vegetable stock
1.5kg seafood
1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme

1.Heat 2-3 tblsp of oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, celery and green pepper and cook over a moderate heat, stirring frequently, for about 10-15 minutes until the onion is soft but has not browned.
2.Add the ham, peppers, thyme, bay leaf and Tabasco Sauce. Cook a further 3-5 minutes until the mixture becomes quite fragrant.
3.Add the tomatoes and puree and the stock and allow the mixture to come to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes, mashing up the tomatoes if they have failed to break up.
4.Chop the seafood into bite-sized pieces and add to the soup. Simmer only until the seafood is cooked , about 5-8 minutes. Add the thyme and season with salt. (Cooking time will depend on the fish varieties that you use). Serve in large bowls accompanied with warm Sundried Tomato and Parsley Cornbread.

jessie981, Apr 15, 5:26am
Edmonds
500gr fresh filleted fish
3&3/4c boiling water
Parsley stalks
Peppercorns
2TBSPs butter
2 Leeks
3 Carrots
1 Turnip
2 stalks Celery
1 Bayleaf
Salt, Pepper & Thyme
Chopped parsly
2 Oxo cubes
Crumble & dissolve Oxo cubes in boiling water, add parsley stalks & peppercorns. Simmer gentlyfew mins to make stock while preparing vegetables
Clean & cut vegetables into slices. Melt butter& gently cook vegetables untilglossy but firm.
Pour strained stock over, cut fish into large chunks & add to the vegetables & stock.