Search for the critically acclaimed melford scones

cousinv, Feb 9, 7:44am
ive heard so much bout these on various threads but cant find the recipe and have used the search thingy but still cant find it - even after reading lots and lots and lots of info!!!!!!
would appreciate it if someone could point me inthe right direction cos these sound amazing from what ive heard!

245sam, Feb 9, 7:58am
cousinv, the scones of melford's that you've heard so much about, were/are they sultanas scones?Here's a recipe from Trademe Cooks.....

"sultana scones
3 cups plain flour, 3 tsp baking powder pinch salt, 1 cup sultanas, 25 gm butter, milk to mix. Mix dry ingredients together, add melted butter to the milk 9 (about 400 mls) and then add to dry ingredients. Mix well and then pat out on floured board, brush tops with milk and bake 200 C 10 -12 minutes. posted by melford":-))

cousinv, Feb 9, 6:53pm
they were gluten free ones and were talked about in lots of gluten free threads. am living in hope that someone can point me in the right direction. would love to try to turn them into pinwheels etc...

cousinv, Feb 9, 8:47pm
thanks so much - i searched so much but maybe got searchers block!!! look out - i feel scones and cream coming on!!!