Where do you buy fondant + other decorating tools?

crickey18, Feb 4, 12:10am
In christchurch please?

Thanks!

rosathemad, Feb 4, 1:35am
Tah-Dah at Church Corner/beginning of Yaldhurst Road have lots, and Ballantynes have a pretty decent selection too. I tend to buy my fondant/white icing from the supermarket.

allyprice, Feb 4, 3:51am
Most supermarkets have given up on chocolate fondant but it is delicious and you can make it black by adding black colour gel (as opposed to grotty grey that you get when starting from white). However you can order it straight from Bakels NZ and they will post it to you. Just give them a call or email.

Milly's Kitchen is the national importer of Wilton cake decorating supplies. They supply Ballentynes but if you check out their website there may be more product (they also ship nationwide).

chicco2, Feb 4, 4:29am
Trademe has the best selection, there are several sellers of Wilton and other brands. Go to Crafts,Cake Design.
Good luck.

goldgurl, Feb 4, 4:47am
yep - pak'n'save sell bakels(sp) fondant, chocolate, almond & white, under $8 a packet.They also sell a cheaper brand, can't remember what it's called though, but around the $5 mark.

eta: Sorry - just read the 'christchurch' part...lol

unco12, Feb 4, 7:14am
this website is really good..
http://www.cakestuff.co.nz/zencart/

shop-a-holic, Feb 4, 10:18am
I often fly down from Wellington to buy from the lady at Church Corner.
PS: I'll be there on 21st!!

shop-a-holic, 6 days, 4 hours
<Milly's Kitchen is the national importer of Wilton cake decorating supplies.>

Please remember that Wilton is US, and full of ingredients, you may not like. Milly's is NOT the only importer.However, as a cake decorator (you), you are a designer (!), and must make the decision for yourself and for the people who are eating your final product.