Grape jelly

dallasm, Feb 3, 8:24pm
Can any one tell me how to make grape jelly or anything I can do with grapes

grandma, Feb 3, 8:41pm
I have three recipes for grape jam/jelly but am just going out for the morning.Will get back to this later (perhaps by then you will have received other responses?)

pickles7, Feb 3, 9:01pm
yummmm . I loved grape jam with the pips. lol. double the crunch grape jam and crunchy peanut butter.

grandma, Feb 4, 12:27am
Back again. Sorry they are imperial measurements, but they will be easy to adapt them to metric.
- (1) Grape Jam - To 1 lb grapes allow 3/4 lb sugar.Put fruit in buttered pan, bring to the boil, add sugar and boil until it will set.No water - skim off the seeds.
- (2) Grape Jam.Equal quantities of fruit and sugar. Citric Acid to taste.Boil fruit for 20 mins.Make sugar thoroughly hot in the oven and add to the grapes.Boil smartly for 1 hour and 10 mins. Add citric acid to taste.Just before removing jam from heat, skim off seeds as it is boiling.
- (3) Grape Jelly.2 lb purple grapes, 2 lb green apples, 3 lemons, 1 pint water.1 lb sugar to 1 pint juice.Crush grapes and thoroughly chop apples and lemons.Add a pint of water and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.Place contents in jelly bag and leave overnight to drip.Measure strained juice and add 1 lb sugar to every pint of juice. Boil about 10 mins and bottle.

and this is the one I used when we had a grape vine.
1/3 preserving pan of grapes with a small amount of water in bottom of pan.Boil 1 hour. Put through a colendar - add cup of sugar per cup of juice.Boil 1/2 to 3/4 hour.

Hope this will be useful to you.

dallasm, Mar 20, 8:42pm
Thanlks Grandma.. we all need a grandma in our lifes