I hate filo pastry

whitewizard1, Jan 31, 5:38am
Does anyone have any tips for handling frozen boxed edmonds filo pastry? It is so stuck together usually if you try to pull off one sheet, 3 others follow and then tear. Expletives.

timetable, Jan 31, 5:42am
you need to let it thaw out and then usually aok i find... keep it under a damp cloth to stop it drying out once you have it thawed...

rainrain1, Jan 31, 5:43am
lol so do i....stupid stuff

buzzy110, Jan 31, 5:44am
Frozen filo is useless. If three sheets come off and then tear just butter the top one and carry on. You will use less butter, if that is what you want and it will make absolutely no difference to the finished product. Filo tastes rather bland and horrid anyway so stop worrying. As well as being tasteless it is also rather fiddly and time consuming to work with but the beauty of ripped filo is that you can scrunch it up and make your food way more decorative than you would if you were using fresh filo.

elliehen, Jan 31, 7:44am
Don't freeze it.It lasts for a long time in the fridge if you seal it completely after removing the sheets you need.Take out what you need, cover with a damp teatowel and get to work quickly.

Filo is very useful for whipping up all kinds of recipes, both savoury and sweet.

guest, Jan 19, 6:13am
attempting to use it for dinner now. its useless! eff you edmonds!!!!