Easy-Yo

jason60, Jan 29, 7:52am
Can I just do half a batch in the big container with half the packet of mix??

I dont each much yoghert.

charlieb2, Jan 29, 8:09am
Not sure, I guess it may be worth a test run to find out... In the long run, worst case scenario you waste one packet... but if it works.. you'll be saving

lindylambchops1, Jan 29, 8:18am
Someone suggested this.... Buy the pack of yogurt & also buy bulk skim milk powder. The yogurt pack contains 225g powder. Make the yogurt with 112g yogurt powder & 112g skim milk powder. Taste is same as normal. Cuts fat content by almost 50%.

lilyfield, Jan 29, 9:18pm
balloni- the yoghurt power contains the milk- you do not add milk to it. if you do you are actually doubling the calorie contents.

prawn_whiskas, Jan 29, 9:47pm
You would have to use something else as the incubator, as changing the ratio of yogurt (in the jar) to the amount and temperature of the hot water in the incubator may cause the bug in the yogurt to die due to extreme heat.

So basically unless you know how to make yogurt in general (as in the fundamentals of how it all works) then I'd say give it a go but expect wastage.

gardie, Jan 30, 12:14am
lindylambchops is somewhat correct.Skim milk powder is replacing the full fat milk powder of the yoghurt mix so definately reduces the calories and fat.This was the only way I made easiyo - one packet goes twice as far and it is way cheaper.I haven't tried it with the greek mix though so I'm not sure if it is still as thick as using a whole packet.
I've also made it by using 100grams skim milk powder (which makes a litre of skim milk) with water in the jar shaken up and then popped in a couple of tablespoons of a previous batch, shaken again and popped into the maker.Works well.This is cheaper still - just remember to keep a little from each batch.Eventually, it becomes thinner and you need to restart with a new culture (brought yoghurt of easiyo packet).

prawn_whiskas, Mar 9, 1:11pm
It would reduce the fat, but would increase the calories (or keep them relatively the same) as Skim milk contains more milk sugars or carbs, No point really unless you are a fat phobe.