ICED TEA

whitewizard1, Jan 29, 7:23am
Hi, does anyone have a good iced tea recipe. Im addicted to the lipton stuff at the moment but its getting bit expensive to buy every week... thanks

alebix, Jan 29, 7:52am
Just make tea as you would to drink except make it by the litre not cup...

3-4 tea bags per litre, use boiling water and the tea steep, then let it go cold and refridgerate. Ad sugar etc to taste.

whitewizard1, Jan 29, 8:06am
what would be the best type of tea to use.. ceylon, earl grey etc?
Mmmm iced tea!!

lindylambchops1, Jan 29, 8:13am
Try this.....3 Lipton yellow label teabags (or similar as Lipton’s yellow label can be hard to get), 2 litres of boiling water. Steep for an hour and then discard the teabags. Stir in 1/2 cup lemon juice and 3/4 cup sugar and chill.
Reduce the amount of sugar used and add apple juice to the tea once it has steeped.It is really makes a nice change to the plain recipe.

hindsfeet, Jan 29, 8:14am
depends on your taste. you could use fruit flavours. My American Cousin makes a normal cup of tea then pours it over a mug filled with ice cubes and drinks it like that

lindylambchops1, Mar 8, 8:05am
Or this one.....I love iced tea. I use a big stock pot,add 3 tea bags of whatever you like.I love the Moroccan mint from Dilmah or Harneys pomegranate oolong. I use whatever i have.
Add half a cup of sugar to 2 lts water. This is a mild sweet, not the American sweet tea.Sugarto taste I suppose.
I also add the peeled rind of lemon or orange.
Bring to a light boil and i let it cool on the stove top overnight with everything still steeping.
I strain in the morning and put in the fridge.