Ideas for adult lunches

cottagerose, Jan 27, 9:21pm
Im getting sick of ham sandwiches as Im sure my husband is. Any ideas anyone?
I need to be able to make at night as I start work early in the mornings

clint.hamilton, Jan 27, 9:28pm
watermelon sandwiches are very nice, will be fine sitting over night

duckmoon, Jan 27, 9:35pm
my hubby takes leftovers

tazmin78, Jan 27, 9:36pm
salads are nice and easy to put together the night before.Then just add cold meat in the morning - drizzle a little salad dresssing and your done! yumm

cottagerose, Jan 27, 9:39pm
maybe you could take them for your lunch then

rainrain1, Jan 27, 10:22pm
What a sucker!!!

lx4000, Jan 27, 10:46pm
filled pancakes, scones, muffins, salads, rolls, roll-up wraps, soups, stews (a good thermos is good), cold toasted sandwiches are also great. Hamburger buns cut in half then toppings like, spags, b beans, ham, onion, cheese, tomato, salami, mushrooms etc, then grilled. Pizza. Most things can be made and frozen down:)

(barloo)

cantab29, Jan 27, 10:54pm
Pottle of fresh fruit salad and yoghurt.Little meatballs or kebabs with tzatziki sauce and salad, savoury scones, pizza bread, french sticks filled with ham or chicken and salad.Make a BLT with garlic aioli but keep the tomato in a separate container until you eat it at lunch.Pita breads filled with smoked chicken, cranberry sauce, lettuce and brie.OK hungry now, off to find my own lunch.

motorbo, Jan 27, 10:55pm
every sunday i make up a dry coleslaw, i thinly slice and heavily salt the cabbage leave for 30mins then rinse and drain, makes it easier to digest.

i then add what i want, red or spring onions, peppers red or a mix of red and orange and green etc, grated carrot, celery if i have it, maybe parsley, i keep it in a container in the fridage and it lasts me the week, then in the mornings i put shredded lettuce in the container top with coleslaw and pumpkin and sunflower seeds tomatoes and cucumber, i can then add feta or leftover meat to it at lunch time along with the dressing, you dont need to do it this way but having it in the fridge means easy and quick for sammies too

uli, Jan 28, 3:24am
If you leave it out of the fridge for about 3 to 5 days it will start to ferment and you are on your way to sauerkraut. Put in the fridge then and leave for another week or more to develop some flavour. Not only is that much easier to digest - it will also have all sorts of other beneficial bacteria that will help your gut to function better. So why stop short when you could do the whole thing?

cottagerose, Jan 28, 7:28am
Thankyou everyone. Theres some great ideas here which I will be making use of.

greerg, Jan 28, 10:42pm
My husband is a sandwich luncher so I make ham/relish, ham/cheese, etc. combinations and freeze them separately so he can take them to work and put them in the sandwich press there.

liamjosh, Jan 29, 5:54am
Wraps, pita pockets stuffed with salad and flame grilled chicken patties, salads with some meat and dry noodles thrown on top, mac cheese, wraps based pizzas with a range of different toppings, soups and fresh bread, bacon and egg sandwiches, bread cases, frankfurters in buns, quiche and salad, bacon and egg slice, farmhouse rolls.

monkey_room, Jan 29, 10:10pm
Whatever you make for dinner keep in mind as leftovers for lunches. Chicken Parmesan - can be added to a salad the next day. Cold pasta dishes, meatballs with a dipping sauce and salad. Cold roast meat, lts of possibilities. WE try to cook with next days lunch in mind and it works. Just pack it up as you clean up after dinner.

cottagerose, Jan 27, 9:21pm
Im getting sick of ham sandwiches as Im sure my husband is. Any ideas anyone!
I need to be able to make at night as I start work early in the mornings

rainrain1, Jan 27, 10:22pm
What a sucker!

uli, Jan 28, 3:24am
If you leave it out of the fridge for about 3 to 5 days it will start to ferment and you are on your way to sauerkraut. Put in the fridge then and leave for another week or more to develop some flavour. Not only is that much easier to digest - it will also have all sorts of other beneficial bacteria that will help your gut to function better. So why stop short when you could do the whole thing!

uli, Jan 30, 8:15am
bump for more "adult" lunches.

sarahb5, Jan 30, 8:18am
Greek salad
Roast vegetable salad with feta
Pasta salad with chorizo
Sushi
Peanut butter and banana or apple sandwiches (sorry not very adult but I love them)
Self crusting quiche
Frittata

I hardly ever take sandwiches because I don't like them if they're not freshly made but salads seem to keep better in the fridge, even overnight.I don't use dressing often but if I did I have a special salad lunch box so I can take dressing in the separate little pot that fits in the lid.

brightlights60, Jan 30, 11:32am
I figure I have the best lunches made for me. Nice fresh sammies every day, plus home baking. My other half makes me either chicken and salad, ham and coleslaw, salmon and lettuce/tomato sandwiches every day (the other guys drool over them) or homemade rolls with combinations of any of the above. Plus old fashioned date loaf, banana cake or bikkies and a piece of fruit. I make myself a thermos of coffee in the morning and I am set for the day.