Lemon & Walnut Torte

macwood2, Jan 23, 8:02am
I was wondering if anyone had a copy of this recipe which was on Trademe Cooks site?I seem to have mis placed my copy.TIA

fifie, Jan 23, 9:17am
Its in T/M cooks deserts,available from fishersweb site download zip fileand you have access to all the recipes.
http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm

puss-n-boots, May 12, 8:04am
....no reciepe there for Lemon and Walnut Torte can you please help me?

245sam, May 12, 8:18am
puss-n-boots, you would need to scroll to the bottom of the page at the link that fifie posted and follow the instructions that give access to all the Trademe Cooks recipes, including the requested recipe which I found in the Dessert section, under the heading "Tortes, Tarts & Flans".....

"LEMON WALNUT TORTE by Cathy Taylor in "The Cooks Collection"
she says 'This is the best dinner party dessert I know. If the recipe is doubled, it looks amazingly voluptuous! This recipe serves 10.
Ingredients 6 egg whites, 1.5 cups castor sugar, 2T cornflour, 1/2T malt vinegar, 1c chopped walnuts ........ FILLING: 6 egg yolks, 2-3T castor sugar, 4 lemons, 175g butter, 300ml cream. method beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in castor sugar, a spoonful at a time, to make a stiff meringue. Beat in cornflouor and vinegar, then fold in chopped walnuts. Divide mixture in half. Spoon onto oven trays covered with baking powder. Press down a little with the back of the spoon until two even pavlova style circles are formed. Bake in 140 C oven for 1 hr or until dry. finally the filling: Melt butter in a bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water. Beat egg yolks and castor sugar together with lemon juice and rind. Cook until thickened, whisking all the time. Allow to cool. Fold in whipped cream and sndwich the two meringues together with about half of lemon mixture. Top with remaining half. I've never doubled the recipe, so I'll have to take Cathy's word for the voluptuousness or otherwise decadently appearance. She's right that it is a very lovely dinner party dessert, very popular with our guests! posted by fastlanenz":-))

puss-n-boots, May 13, 8:04am
.no reciepe there for Lemon and Walnut Torte can you please help me!

245sam, May 13, 8:18am
puss-n-boots, you would need to scroll to the bottom of the page at the link that fifie posted and follow the instructions that give access to all the Trademe Cooks recipes, including the requested recipe which I found in the Dessert section, under the heading "Tortes, Tarts & Flans".

"LEMON WALNUT TORTE by Cathy Taylor in "The Cooks Collection"
she says 'This is the best dinner party dessert I know. If the recipe is doubled, it looks amazingly voluptuous! This recipe serves 10.
Ingredients 6 egg whites, 1.5 cups castor sugar, 2T cornflour, 1/2T malt vinegar, 1c chopped walnuts . FILLING: 6 egg yolks, 2-3T castor sugar, 4 lemons, 175g butter, 300ml cream. method beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in castor sugar, a spoonful at a time, to make a stiff meringue. Beat in cornflouor and vinegar, then fold in chopped walnuts. Divide mixture in half. Spoon onto oven trays covered with baking powder. Press down a little with the back of the spoon until two even pavlova style circles are formed. Bake in 140 C oven for 1 hr or until dry. finally the filling: Melt butter in a bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water. Beat egg yolks and castor sugar together with lemon juice and rind. Cook until thickened, whisking all the time. Allow to cool. Fold in whipped cream and sndwich the two meringues together with about half of lemon mixture. Top with remaining half. I've never doubled the recipe, so I'll have to take Cathy's word for the voluptuousness or otherwise decadently appearance. She's right that it is a very lovely dinner party dessert, very popular with our guests! posted by fastlanenz":-))

macwood2, Jan 23, 8:02am
I was wondering if anyone had a copy of this recipe which was on Trademe Cooks site!I seem to have mis placed my copy.TIA