Carrot strings

macclan4, Jan 22, 8:18pm
I love carrot strings in salads, what sort of thing do I need to make them, can any one help me?

pogram0, Jan 22, 8:30pm
I have a gadget that strings carrots.I got mine in Auckland.It is called a Betty Bossi Veggie Twister.Can't for the life of me remember the shop's name but they are usually in malls and sell knives and cooking accessories.

lx4000, Jan 22, 8:43pm
quick roast veggies, deep fry veggies, decorations for plates.

(barloo)

pogram0, Jan 22, 8:44pm
Just remember the name of the shops - King of Knives.They are all over Australia and have outlets in Auckland, Wellington, ChCh.

macclan4, Jan 22, 9:14pm
Thanks pogramO will look out for them in Ch-ch.

lilyfield, Jan 22, 9:32pm
a sharp knife does it all

bex32, Jan 22, 10:39pm
I have a julienne tool that does strings, its really easy to use, you use it like a peeler but each peel is lots of thin strips. I don't think they are very expensive either. Can use them for carrots, courgettes, beetroot, anything really

toadfish, Jan 22, 10:52pm

macclan4, Jan 23, 9:11am
That looks great toadfish, where do I get one of those?

lyl_guy, Jan 23, 9:50am
I have one of those, but I keep 'grating' my other hand on it, lol!Be Careful!You can get them at living&giving from memory.
I end up using my knife... if you practise your knife skills you end up doing it very quickly anyway.

245sam, Jan 23, 2:16pm
macclan4, have a look at:-

http://www.kingofknives.com/Store-Finder/

You'll find that there are several stores here in Chch - at Riccarton, Northlands and The Palms.:-))

toadfish, Jan 23, 5:31pm
I am not sure as "Santa" brought me mine... so if you are a really good girl.... lol.

Seriously though,now you know what you are looking for as 245sam said, king of knives or stephens would be my guess.

And yes you have to be really carfefull of fingers.... I tend to hold one end and pull away from me.

rainrain1, Jan 23, 6:46pm
lol what a wee dag of a name....sounds a bit scary

jag5, Jan 23, 7:01pm
For fine strings, I use my citrus zester.Works a treat.

kiwitrish, Feb 24, 2:11am
Great idea.I never thought of that.Thanks.