Pizza segment plates

stormbaby, Jan 21, 8:22pm
We went to a little local Pizza place in Australia, and were given these little segment of pizza plates with our pizza on them. Really cool, melamine type things. I asked where they got them and it was a catering supply shop over there. I have looked in a few of the Asian shops but no go. Has anyone seen them here? Hubby is building a Pizza Oven for next Summer and they would be so cool.

vintagekitty, Jan 21, 8:26pm
No idea sorry, BUT would love to know how you are building your oven as we thought we would do the same!

was looking at the kitset igloo plaster ones and they were $3999, so I thought nope, we could do our own. Have googled some ones, which look easy enough.

stormbaby, Jan 21, 8:44pm
vintagekitty, hubby is a sparky who works with another sparky and a builder. After quite a bit of pestering from moi, hubby has found builder mate has just made a couple, and yes they are expensive to build. Ours is going to be the big plastered brick sort. They have to have quite deep, reinforced foundations as there are a lot of firebricks in them. Anyway, I asked on here about them, and a kind soul (in the gardening section I think it was) quoted me a back issue of Backyard Gardener, and it has the plans, photos etc all in there. I showed my builder brother who is also interested. There are quite a few ways you can go about it, but I wanted a wood fired oven, so its incorporated in an outdoor living area and can be used for all sorts of things, not just pizza, and it heats the area as well. We hope to have it done by May,which is when my 50th is, and as its really cold in Chch at that time, we can do the inside outside thing with the cooking outside. Really excited about it. You can always get hold of me through one of my auctions and I can put you onto the builder.

waswoods, Jan 21, 9:34pm
Do you have a large catering supply shop down there? They may have then

evorotorua, Jan 22, 12:13am
if you search "melamine pizza" you will find alibaba who have them for importing. How you go from there I have no idea but it looks like they can get all sorts of neat things.

elliehen, Jan 22, 3:52am
I saw some in an OP Shop not long ago, so presumably they are available here.

cookessentials will know.

stormbaby, Jan 22, 7:50am
Thanks chooks. Builder friend was here this morning taking quantities for concrete foundations. Looks like its a goer!!!

stormbaby, Jan 22, 8:00am
I had a look on that website, yup that's them, now just got to find them in this country.

bunny51, Jan 22, 8:28am
Pretty sure I have seen them in Stephens

greerg, Jan 22, 8:43am
I bought a hotdog plate for my son's Christmas stocking and there were pizza slice plates there too.I think it might have been Stevens.

olwen, Jan 22, 8:50am
I used to have a Sunset book on Italian cooking dating from the '70s.It had instuctions for a pizza oven.I had it for years till it fell apart.Always wanted, but never got my pizza oven.

vintagekitty, Jan 22, 8:53am
stormbaby, you are a star. The building of it is ok, its just finding the best "plan". Lucky you having a sparky partner, Ive had to rewire 2 villa's in the last year plus my own ongoing reno, im sure ive paid the mortgage plus a overseas holiday for the sparky!

vintagekitty, Jan 22, 8:58am
There are loads of free plans on google, go for it!

stormbaby, Jan 22, 8:20pm
Dunno about being a star, but get by. If you want our plan I can photo copy it for you. I am so enthused by the whole idea I have a few others interested, with the idea that we all help with one anothers, a few tradesmen in there as well! My brother wants to build his own as well, as they are vegetarians, eat a lot of pizza and live out in the country with loads of room. I gave them a pizza stone for Christchurch. I have a few as have been picking the odd ones up at garage sales. Just need the wooden boards and the plates now for serving.

I hope you haven't been stung by tradesmen. Hubby is old school and charges reasonable rates! And works every hour of every day too.

olwen, Jan 22, 8:23pm
Too old now (at least my partner is too frail).

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 22, 10:01pm
yes have definitely seen them at either stevens or living and giving . im sure they werent melamine though

stormbaby, Jan 23, 2:34am
The ones we used in Australia were melamine type plastic. Not quite disposable, but cool!

antmannz, Jan 23, 4:30am
I saw them either at stevens or another kitchen shop at albany the other day - pretty sure it was stevens :)

stormbaby, Jan 23, 6:29am
No, that's not them. These are more "china", the ones I am after are melamine or plastic, and look like they come from one of those Asian shops.

evorotorua, Jan 23, 6:37am
From what youa re describing Stormbaby, check out that Alibaba site. That way you could post a picture.

stormbaby, Jan 23, 9:14am
This is them:

http://www.katom.com/284-PZ86.html?CID=shopzilla

I swear, if anyone in Chch can find me some, I will make you a crispy base pizza that will blow your socks off!!!

potpourri, Feb 24, 5:15pm
Stormbaby can't post as she has had a short holiday enforced on her with the compliments of a nasty bully trader.You can get her at her username at the sling shot place:)