I am looking for a couple of recipes please

madison15, Jan 17, 6:49am
One for cinnamon oysters and the other for fly cemetery, any help wouldreallybe appreciated

pickles7, Jan 17, 6:54am
"Fly cemetery"###

2 trays of "custard square pastry "above

Dry fruit,
cake crumbs or bread crumbs
[ this is where your not so popular baking can go, freeze until you have enough.]
Add a few spices, stewed apples to moisten,
a 1/2 cup of sugar ,[taste
2-3 eggs,
needs to be sticky. Spread onto a sheet of raw pastry,wet edges.
Put another sheet of pastry on top, prick well with a fork,
milk down sprinkle with caster sugar and bake in a hot oven.

No quantities given, as it really is a case of using your own cooking skills.... taste before adding the eggs....dose it look fruity enough? etc.

Quotepickles7 (467 )12:18 pm, Sun 22 Aug #58

jessie981, Jan 17, 7:02am
Edmonds
Cinnamon Oysters
2 eggs
75gr sugar
1dsp Golden Syrup
50gr flour
1tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp ground giner
1/2tsp b/soda
Beat eggs & sugar until thick. Add golden syrup, beat again. Fold in sifted dry ingredients. Put in small spoonful in sponge finger tins. Bake 12 mins @ 200. Whe cold, split & fill with whipped cream.

Fly Cemetery
175gr flakey pastry
50gr butter
1 grated apple
50gr raisins
50gr sultanas
rind & juice 1 lemon
1tsp cinnamon
50gr br sugar
50gr currants
1tsp spice
almond essence
Melt butter, add remainder of ingredients, leave until quite cold. Roll half of pastry; place on tray; spread fruit mixture over. Roll other piece of pastry & place on top. Pich edges together & prick pastry. Bake 30 - 40 mins @ 200c. Cut while hot & sprinkle with icing sugar when cold.

pickles7, Jan 17, 7:14am
48 5x5cm Custard squares.
pastry
3 cups of plain flour, 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 12 ozs of cold butter, or vegetable fat, chopped up small.. mix with 1 & 1/2 cups of milk with 3 teaspoons of vinegar added. roll out to approx 40 x 80 cm oblong..., give 4 or 5 book folds.., You can still just see little bits of fat, that is ok., rest in the fridge for 45 minutes. I rest mine between each rolling for 15 minutes.
Flaky pastry you buy, will sometimes separate . Try making your own nearer to puff.

madison15, Feb 9, 11:55am
Thank-you will try these are there any more?

Sumstyle , the reason I wanted these recipes , is my sister and I cleaned out my mum's flat after she died suddenly lastmonth and we were talking about things she used to make when were were little and we loved and the fly cemetary and cinnamon oysters were some of ourfavourites andwe couldn't find many of her old cookery books , so over the years, she must have given them to people and I wanted to try and make them..I didn't actually know cinnamon oysters were on the come back lol