Worcester Sauce recipe please.

arch1978, Jan 5, 11:53pm
Hi all,just wondering if someone can reccommend a yummy worcester sauce recipe please.Brought one at a gala day and hubby loves it so thought I would give making it a try.

arch1978, Jan 6, 3:57am
Why thank you 245sam!

elliehen, Mar 6, 3:49am
pickles7 made her own and documented the process in a thread which she might be able to find :)

pickles7, Mar 6, 3:55am
probably shouldn't....elliehen....lol.

I will say this is very near the sauce we all grew up with.
I was most pleased with it.

elliehen, Mar 6, 4:05am
I think you had lots of people genuinely fascinated by the process.It's good that you've got this tried and tested recipe to offer two new posters wanting to have a go :)

pickles7, Mar 6, 4:25am
Elliehen. I often start from scratch, always with pen and paper. I will say this darned vinegar is so easy to make, it makes sauce making a pleasure. Home made vinegars were never great to use to preserve your own foods with. That was the days they chucked the apples into a bucket and let nature do the work. It was a bit hit and miss as to the acidity, that is required to preserve food safely. I would not take the risk of using that method myself. By making wine, knowing the alcohol of the finished wine, you can be pretty certain of the strength of the finished vinegar. Sauce making, boils away the uncertainties any way.

pickles7, Mar 6, 5:12am
This is very nice, and is a lot smaller than the other. This recipe will give you confidence to make the larger recipe. If you like this you will love the other. Tamarind is shared, I think it comes in a 220 gram jar.

"Tamarind sauce"

2 liters of malt vinegar ,
110 grams of tamarind pulp ,
1 Tbsp of sea salt ,
1 cup of brown sugar ,
700 grams onions ,
10 grams of whole pickling spice ,
1/4 tsp mace ,
2 whole chili peppers ,
1 tsp each whole black pepper corns and
1 tsp curry powder.
Simmer all together for 1 hour, strain,
bottle ,
cork and mature...
Has a Citrus flavour.[ tamarind]
This did turn out very well.
I could very well be tempted to make this again.
Both my Husband, and lover, enjoy this sauce.

pickles7, Mar 7, 3:55am
probably shouldn't.elliehen.l-
ol.

I will say this is very near the sauce we all grew up with.
I was most pleased with it.

elliehen, Mar 7, 4:05am
I think you had lots of people genuinely fascinated by the process.It's good that you've got this tried and tested recipe to offer two new posters wanting to have a go :)

pickles7, Mar 7, 5:12am
This is very nice, and is a lot smaller than the other. This recipe will give you confidence to make the larger recipe. If you like this you will love the other. Tamarind is shared, I think it comes in a 220 gram jar.

"Tamarind sauce"

2 liters of malt vinegar ,
110 grams of tamarind pulp ,
1 Tbsp of sea salt ,
1 cup of brown sugar ,
700 grams onions ,
10 grams of whole pickling spice ,
1/4 tsp mace ,
2 whole chili peppers ,
1 tsp each whole black pepper corns and
1 tsp curry powder.
Simmer all together for 1 hour, strain,
bottle ,
cork and mature.
Has a Citrus flavour.[ tamarind]
This did turn out very well.
I could very well be tempted to make this again.
Both my Husband, and lover, enjoy this sauce.