Next magazine(I think) recipe needed

chrisynz, Jan 2, 7:07am
was given one for an amazing cheese log, which had cranberries, gerkhins, feta , grated cheese and pistaschio nuts in it, but have lost the recipe, does anyone out there have it

griffo4, Jan 2, 9:03pm
Hi just bumped it up l made it for Christmas and everyone loved it even people who don't like that sort of thing and it didn't last the day

griffo4, Jan 2, 11:19pm
Its Julie Le Clercs Goat's cheese log

250g cream cheese, softened
200g goats milk feta
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch cayenne pepper
3 gherkins,finely chopped
1/3 cup craisins ( dried cranberries)
1/3 cup shelled,chopped pistachios
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in the feta cheese and stir in the mustard,paprika and cayenne pepper,gherkins and craisins. Form the mixture into a log. Combine chopped parsley and pistachios on a board and roll the log in this mix to evenly cover. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate till needed. Can be mde a week in advance and wrapped and stored in fridge.

Posted by Cookessentials

chrisynz, Jan 3, 12:16am
yes thats the one , thanks heaps, its very yummy

korbo, Jan 3, 12:21am
could you leave out the goat feta ?dont like the sound of it.

mackenzie2, Jan 3, 12:50am
I have had this and enjoyed it..... BUT made an even yummier one yesterday and so simple, It is from the latest foodtown mag125gms white or blue Castello cheese (I used Blue) 150gms firm cream cheese, 1/4 cup chives, put cheeses into food processer process till smooth, stir in chives, Roll ball in finely chopped walnuts, Into fridge till firm

griffo4, Jan 3, 3:01am
By mistake l used half my goat feta and so used half goats and half cows feta and it made no difference

mackenzie2, Dec 30, 7:14pm
The one I tried wascows feta, Blurk I hate goats feta....