What is left over after your Xmas dinner?

Page 1 / 2
pickles7, Dec 25, 9:31pm
Heaps here.
Even though I cut back a lot from other years for that reason.
I am rethinking for next year, right now. I am well over having a lot of food left over.
Everyone will be back for lunch, but even then there will be heaps left.

uli, Dec 25, 9:41pm
Better to write all your thoughts up on paper now - so you will remember in 360 days time what not to cook.

accroul, Dec 25, 9:47pm
I have 1/4 of a xmas pud, probably 1/4 of a small pav,11 xmas mince pies & 1/4 of a leg of ham

greerg, Dec 25, 9:54pm
Far too much! Son and flatmates coming to dinner though so I have hopes of sending them away with a chilly bin.

honeybean, Dec 25, 10:06pm
Cheesecake which I am putting in the freezer and fruit salad that I am having for breakfast and cold roast lamb for sandwiches.
:-)

pickles7, Dec 25, 10:14pm
To think the cheese cakes cost way more than buying the frozen ones. All the time, all the love. lol. great idea....honeybean ... will freeze mine as well.
That way the more perishable food will go at lunch time, and the cheese cake can be reborn for New year dinner.

honeybean, Dec 25, 10:19pm
I freeze it in slices - that way you can take out a slice when you have a craving!!

pickles7, Dec 25, 10:21pm
A glitch sorry.
...greerg... I will make a few cut lunches for my hard working son and grandson and freeze them. They are working hard and long hours at the moment.
...accroul... you did well
...uli...no, maybe a new thread comming up???.

accroul, Dec 25, 11:08pm
There was only 4 adults & 2 children & we ate lunchtime, so there was no need for more than 2 salads + ham & 3 desserts + nibbles to have with coffee afterwards!

gardie, Dec 26, 2:56am
Enough lamb, chicken and their respective gravies to freeze for another meal.A whole Christmas pudding, 1 trifle minus 1 spoonful, 1 pavlova minus 1 slice, 2/3 of a Tia Maria cheesecake, big bowl fruit salad - then there's the veggies and the sweet treats such as truffles etc.I am having trouble comprehending just how much.First time ever we had Christmas for tea instead of lunch - what a difference cos usually everyone is here for tea as well as lunch.Will need to remember that for next time.At least when we get back from holidays they'll be some almost ready food in the freezer - unless our housesitters spy it!

lythande1, Dec 26, 3:11am
Nothing. Why do people go mad and make too much food anyway?

shazza34, Dec 26, 6:55am
After having roast lunch and bbq tea here and then guests back to have the leftovers for lunch today we have 3 slices of cheesecake left and a couple of meranges and half a lettuce salad and three very small bowls of other salads and a plate of lamb and chicken and 6 sausages. Amazing as I really didn't think I had over catered but even with a hollowlegged teenage boy and one particular grown up that eats heaqs there is still leftovers!!!!

kuaka, Dec 26, 8:13am
nothing leftover here - we had steak and sausages on the barbecue yesterday - just the two of us, and I only cooked enough for us.Today we had fresh snapper and chips - we went fishing and managed to catch one snapper!

socram, Dec 26, 8:27am
Nothing at all here either!!! Just the two of us once breakfast was over, so it was a chicken and avocado sandwhich last night and tonight, pancakes stuffed with the last of the chicken, mushrooms and avocado etc. mixed veg and a couple of hash browns....

Next year, hopefully back to a proper turkey dinner with all the trimmings!

pickles7, Dec 26, 10:07am
We are done, a chicken and a little roast pork. The least we have had over for years. I was determined not to over do the food. well done I say.

24361, Dec 26, 10:51am
Nothing.Ate it all.No room for wastage here.

usualsuspect, Dec 26, 11:21am
we did very well a small bowl of salad about half the ham some jelly and a tiny bit of the turkey and that has gone now....the ham will be used and the salad has gone now too.we do have chocolates and chippies but they can stay unopened until someone gets the urge!!

had ham sams today

coconutbuns, Dec 30, 6:23pm
what is leftover? Another spare tyre around my waistline

coconutbuns, Dec 30, 6:24pm
oh and ham, sapasui and taros with coconut cream, trifle and cake

cookessentials, Dec 30, 6:28pm
Not alot really. I cut the Christmas Cake into portions and froze them for later in the year,so we have a small portion in the tin, a little ham left ( we got a small one) fresh peas which can go into a salad and a bottle of cream.

coconutbuns, Dec 30, 6:35pm
I have three big sons, what are leftovers?

cookessentials, Dec 31, 1:58am
yep, they have hollow legs don't they?

coconutbuns, Dec 31, 11:12am
Lol yes they do

beaker59, Dec 31, 11:42am
Had the last of the trifle tonight :) well last year actually.

As for the rest of it we were lucky took 3 teenage nephews out in boat so transfered all other leftovers to boat fridge and it all mysteriously evaporated.

guest, Jan 11, 8:01am
Well done arcitle that. I'll make sure to use it wisely.