Homemade stuffing recipe and steps please.

tajarn, Dec 24, 4:25am
thakies:)

auntlb, Dec 24, 4:27am
I chop up an onion finely, add homemade breadcrumbs - (approx5-6 slices of bread), mixed herbs and then pour some melted butter and a squeeze of lemon juice - just enough butter to create a lightly moist crumbly mix (not sticky) - sorry can't give exact amounts as I am not sure if I ever had a 'recipe' as such

annie.nz, Dec 24, 4:36am
As above by auntlb - if I feel like it I add a fistful or two of cooked rice and/or wild rice, and I used to add chopped fried bacon before I found out about modern farming methods.I also add chopped parsley, not sure why though since the herbs more or less take the flavour of the parsley out.

I usually taste the mix and adjust with salt and pepper and more mixed herbs.

theanimal1, Dec 24, 6:08am
Sage and Oat Stuffed Turkey
Serving Number: 4-6
Cooking time: 2 hours
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients
1.5kg turkey
1 tbsp canola oil
2 cups UNCLE TOBYS Rolled Oats
1 pkt MAGGI Sage and Onion Gravy Mix
½ cup parmesan, grated
2 tsp sage, rubbed
½ tsp black pepper, fresh ground
1 lemon, zest only
1 egg
Preparation Steps

Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
Wash and dry the turkey, rub with the canola oil.
Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey cavity.
Mix all the remaining ingredients together and stuff into the cavity.
Roast the turkey covered with foil for 1 ½ hours, basting once.
Remove the foil and increase the oven temp to 200ºC and continue cooking for a further
25-30 minutes or until juices run clear and the skin is golden.

Culinary Tips
This stuffing is also great with chicken. can use for duck

mandi, Dec 13, 1:10am
I'm just in the midst of making the Carrot and Cardamon and currant stuffing in the Countdown Indulge magazine - never made stuffing before, my mix seems to be very bread crumby (if that makes sense!) - it has 2 eggs to 5 cups breadcrumbs plus the other ingredients, does that sound right to you experienced stuffing makers out there??