Nice dressing for surimi salad wanted!

wasala, Dec 24, 1:50am
I was being kind and doing this for the non-meat eaters. I've put surimi, mussels and prawns in a bowl but now I don't really know what i thought I was going to do for the dressing. Any ideas?

lulu239, Dec 24, 1:55am
I just use a good mayonnaise and spring onions. You could use a seafood dressing. We eat it a lot. I also make a cheese sauce and mix it, and pop it into the oven, sprinkled with cheese, for a Sunday tea.

gardie, Dec 24, 1:56am
Thousand Island dressing.Failing that, a nice mayonnaise flavoured with a bit of tomato sauce and a drop or two of worchestershire sauce - you can't taste the sauce, just gives the mayo a slightly different flavour.

gardie, Dec 24, 1:57am
I love hot surimi.Nice inlight curried white sauce as well.

wasala, Dec 24, 2:20am
Thnks folks. That was very inspirational! I've used sour cream, Best Foods Light Mayo, a little sweet chilli sauce and a splash of black sauce. It looks good!

lulu239, Dec 24, 4:35am
Hey wasala, I think I'll try your idea. Thanks.

wasala, Dec 24, 4:40am
Cool! Lulu - just don't go heavy on the chilli sauce. I reckon one dessertspoon to start - and only a dash of the black sauce. I might yet add in some finely chopped spring onion!

rarogal, Apr 11, 9:27am
I always use half Thousand Island and half Mayonaisse and i add some cooked shell shaped pasta as well as the seafood etc

gerry64, Apr 11, 11:42pm
never thought to have it heated gardie - will give it a go