Any easy ham glazes?

madeley, Dec 22, 8:54pm
Anyone have an easy ham glaze you can share?I've never glazed ham or stuffed/cooked a turkey and am the first time this year...gulp.

gerry64, Dec 22, 9:37pm
if you key ham glaze into the search thing on the left of your trademe page - change date posted to anytime heaps of glaze ideas will come up - am having a go for the first time as well

ethelz1, Dec 22, 10:32pm
I remove the rind or skin off the ham.Cut criss crosses into the fat.Rub masterfood wholegrain mustard into the whole ham then pour over a bottle of a bit on the side spicy apricot sauce.Keep basting the ham with juices from bottom of the dish.Very nice

juliewn, Dec 23, 12:13am
Our favourite recipe - given to me by a butcher here in Whakatane many years ago (my recipe book notes 1984), is:
Simmer together till the sugar is dissolved:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup pineapple juice (use the juice from a can of pineapple rings, and make the juice up to 1 cup with water)
1/2 tsp dry mustard.

Place two layers of tinfoil in the bottom of the roasting dish.
Remove the skin of the ham and some of the fat if you want, and score a diamond pattern about 1/4" deep into the surface of the fat that's left.
Place the ham on the tinfoil, then decorate the ham with the pineapple circles and with cherries inside the circles.
Use toothpicks to hold them in place if needed.
Pour over the glaze, cover firmly with foil then the roasting dish lid if it will fit - otherwise just use the foil.
Bake at 160°C for 20 minutes per kilo.
Baste with the glaze about every 10 minutes.

iamkat, Dec 23, 12:17am
last year I used a combo of brown sugar and some blueberry chutney and everyone raved over it

sunshine9, Dec 7, 1:06am
the best glaze is brown sugar. You take the skin off and score it with diamond patterns then can put cloves etc over it and then just pack brown sugar all over and put in oven and then take it out when it smells cooked lol its great you dont have to baste or anything.