Toffee Pav?

fronta1, Dec 20, 7:00pm
x1
Read a recipe for a Toffee Pav that had the dark brown sugar used amongst other things.As I was in a hospital waiting room I couldnt exactly rip the page out.Anyone got this one?

noonesgirl, Dec 20, 7:34pm
Off Google (more there)

Ingredients

4 egg whites

8 tablespoons caster sugar

1 (397g) tin sweetened condensed milk

1 (284ml) carton of whipping cream

1 dried vanilla pod

Grated dark or milk chocolate, for decorating
Preparation method
1.Preheat oven to 140 degrees C/ Gas mark 1. Cover a baking tray with a sheet of silicone paper.

2.In a large, very clean bowl, whip egg whites until fluffy.

3.Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time.

4.When thick and glossy, spoon the meringue mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, forming a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) wide.

5.Bake for one to one and a half hours. Set aside to cool.

6.Place condenesed milk into microwave bowl, heat on full power stirring every minute until thick and drops off the spoon like runny toffee. Leave to cool.

7.Whip the cream and stir in seeds from vanilla pod.

8.When pavlova has cooled, pour over toffee, top with vanilla-cream and decorate with grated chocolate.

Note

You can also place the tin of condensed milk (unopened) into a saucepan of water. Boil gently for 3 hours taking care not to let pan boil dry. This gives a really smooth toffee and is the way I prefer to do it.
Ingredients

4 egg whites

1 dried vanilla pod

Similar recipes
Best Ever Pavlova
Raspberry pavlova with red berry sauce
Easy Pavlova
Cool Lemon Pavlova
Crusty Ginger Sponge with Orange Creme
▼ More
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Hot Toffee Sauce
Mini Chocolate Meringue Tartlets
Anna's Pavlova
Schwartzwalder Roulade
Crème Brûlée
▲ Less
Preparation method
1.Preheat oven to 140 degrees C/ Gas mark 1. Cover a baking tray with a sheet of silicone paper.

4.When thick and glossy, spoon the meringue mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, forming a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) wide.

5.Bake for one to one and a half hours. Set aside to cool.

6.Place condenesed milk into microwave bowl, heat on full power stirring every minute until thick and drops off the spoon like runny toffee. Leave to cool.

7.Whip the cream and stir in seeds from vanilla pod.

8.When pavlova has cooled, pour over toffee, top with vanilla-cream and decorate with grated chocolate.

Note

You can also place the tin of condensed milk (unopened) into a saucepan of water. Boil gently for 3 hours taking care not to let pan boil dry. This gives a really smooth toffee and is the way I prefer to do it.
Ingredients

4 egg whites

1 dried vanilla pod

Similar recipes
Best Ever Pavlova
Raspberry pavlova with red berry sauce
Easy Pavlova
Cool Lemon Pavlova
Crusty Ginger Sponge with Orange Creme
▼ More
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Hot Toffee Sauce
Mini Chocolate Meringue Tartlets
Anna's Pavlova
Schwartzwalder Roulade
Crème Brûlée
▲ Less
Preparation method

5.Bake for one to one and a half hours.

fronta1, Dec 20, 9:03pm
thanks for the effort noonesgirl - I did spend a lot of time googleing it but couldnt find the particular one I read in the mag. It has muscavo sugar in it which gives it a brown look and a toffee flavour.

rosathemad, Dec 20, 9:21pm
I made this one a little while ago - it was delicious and I'm not sure I'll ever want to make a white sugar one again:

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/11/brown-sugar-pavlova-with-glorious.html

Edited to add, I made two thin layers but the recipe would work perfectly well as a normal big pav - just cook for an hour before turning oven off.

fronta1, Dec 21, 12:10am
thank you rosathemad!! That sounds perfect and will be my XMAS day jaw dropper - ta very much!

rarogal, Nov 26, 12:08pm
fronta1 I do have that mag if you want the recipe, butsounds like you're happy with rosathemad's.