Frozen strwaberries

sasha100, Dec 18, 7:45pm
I thought I would take advantage of super cheap strawberries for later in the year.Not sure whether to blend them and freeze the pulp in ice cube containers or freeze whole.Want them for smoothies, yoghurt flavour etcThoughts please.Thanks.

Mind you was told to freeze as ice cubes to drop in champagne, yum

geldof, Dec 18, 8:15pm
Either or would work.The food processor/blender would probably prefer cubes of pulp.I quite often get left with bits of strawberry in smoothies.they seem to be the hardest frozen berry.must be the high water content.

goldgurl_design, Dec 18, 8:15pm
I wouldn't bother mashing them, they turn to mash when they defrost :)I bought watermelon cheap last summer and mashed that though (after removing ALL the seeds lol) it was worth all the work cos having watermelon drinks throughout the year was true bliss :)

bunny51, Dec 18, 8:33pm
My mother used to freeze strawberries. She would put them all on an oven tray until frozen then pop them into freezer bags.

gardie, Dec 18, 9:48pm
I just pop them straight into a container and then give it a shake from time to time.When its full, I transfer them to a plastic bag.We eat the big ones that we grow and I freeze the smaller ones.

jag5, Dec 18, 9:48pm
I freeze mine, and use for all sorts throughout the year.Make jam as needed, pop them into yoghurt for lunch, smoothies.Yum

sasha100, Nov 13, 1:17am
Thank you, local fruit shop have containers of jam strawberries for 50c too good a bargain to pass up.