Advice needed for pavlova

falcon-hell, Dec 16, 12:06am
i have forever made my pavs using my trusty old electric beater and i have now shelled out on a breville professional cake mixer-its great for baking by the way,however i am wanting to make pavs for a work do and am thinking my mixer should make light work of it,but am a little unsure,do any of you use a mixer for them? i'd love to hear how they turn out-thank you!

maria121, Dec 16, 12:09am
Yep, I use my KitchenAid for my pavs and they turn out fantastic!!

falcon-hell, Dec 16, 12:12am
thanks maria,im also wondering if i can triple the recipe successfully-what do you do?

maria121, Dec 16, 12:15am
I use Nigella's wedding pav recipe for Xmas as the family just loves it.

It uses 8 egg whites and I heat the oven to 150 then turn it down immediately to 120 and cook for 1 and a half hours, then turn the oven off, leaving the pav in until it has cooled down.

kernal1, Dec 16, 9:23am
I use my trusty old Kenwood and credit it for my pavs! Maybe wrong but find beating for a lengthy time helps! Use caster sugar and make sure it is desolved. small teacup per egg white, pinch of salt, make sure bowl is clean, tablesp of water before adding egg whites. Teasp vinalla, vinegar, tablesp of cornflower, even a little baking powder at the end. Heap on greaseproof, oven about 180 but turn down immediately and if cooking too quick open door till heat reduced! (Know this is against alldetails!) About 1hr if you are in a hurry, or turn off oven and leave for 2 or 3 hrs, even over night! Super crust outside pav and soft centre! My only party trick but now son has follwed my instructions and getting the same results!
Guess who is making the Xmas one???

ribzuba, Dec 16, 10:05am
if you google the specs for your mixer or if you still have the box and manual it should say how many egg whites it does

hayden, Dec 16, 9:27pm
when making Pavs remember to use the wisk attachment and they should work out fun

pickles7, Dec 17, 2:12am
I have a Kenwood mixer, six egg white pav is the max. I make the icing sugar one, never failed me yet. We used icing sugar in ours in our bakery, was a little more stable than sugar.

pavlova....large
Beat until thick and smooth ......approx 15 mins
6 egg whites,
3 Cups Icing Sugar,
2 teaspoons Cornflour,
2 teaspoons White Vinegar,
add 2 Tablespoons Boiling water............,
Pile onto a baking Paper lined oven tray
Cook for 5 minutes at 200 degrees C, then turn down and cook a further
1 1/2 hours at 100 degrees C.
(Leave in oven to cool)

joyfuljoybell, Dec 17, 3:27am
Pickles is this a soft mashmallow one.Just wondering I made this the other week and it was. Was just wondering if I had done something wrong as no crispy top.Was nice though. Every one liked it.Thank you

monkey_room, Dec 17, 4:38am
I make the crunchy one with soft centre its is beautiful.
Preheat oven to 130 fan bake.
Whip 6 egg whites - start at half speed and then once they are thickening rev them up. Beat these for a few mins. I then add 1 cup sugar in 3 parts with a good minute or two between each third. I let that mix another minute or two and it will be very soft high peaks. I turn the mixer down to low and add 2 tsp cornflour and then 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp of vinegar (approx). Mix in. This is piled and shaped onto a baking paper on tray and I make a hollow in the middle. Bake for approx 2- 2 1/2 hours or until you feel the crust is formed and is dry. Turn the oven off and leave. Gorgeous and easy.

guest, Jan 11, 10:09am
What a pleurase to meet someone who thinks so clearly

guest, Jan 13, 1:57pm
Robert JohnsonIn regards to attic vents, whole house fans are very effeicint when the weather is hot during the day but cool at night (my guess is you're talking about a fan that only vents the attic). Since we're usually away during the day, the house sits uncooled and can get very warm (we don't leave the AC on when we're not there). When we get home, we crack the windows and turn on the whole house fan. I have a 2600 sq ft home that gets nice and cool after 45 minutes with one whole house fan. The fan sucks in the cooler outside air and vents the hotter air into the attic. You can actually feel the cool air pouring in.