Cookessentials can you help me please......

toeblister, Dec 15, 9:11am
A while back you posted a recipe for 'mango chutney' I made it tonight.Tastes great.I did get it right though didn't I when it said 'stir to combine and leave to stand for 1/2 hour to let flavours infuse.It doesn't require cooking does it?How long will it last, in the fridge?Many many thanks cookessential, I do love your recipes :)

lizab, Dec 15, 9:44am
we shall wait with interest for cooks reply ... mango chutney is so delish but so expensive to buy ready made!! A homemade recipe would be fab and one of cooksessentials would be urrmm .. 'fabber!!' ;)

245sam, Dec 15, 10:02am
toeblister, is this the recipe you're enquiring about?

"Hi Anne, this recipe can be made using canned mango. It is courtesy of the NZ House & Garden 2007

Chutney:
1 mango, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
Small handful basil leaves, roughly torn
¼ cup fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon best-quality olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Place chutney ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Stand for at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to infuse.
Quote cookessentials (1130 )1:12 pm, Wed 30 Jun #2"

IMO, you are correct from the method given that no cooking is required and I believe that it is a chutney that is intended to be used asap whilst fresh so I too will be interested to see if Pam is able to give precise advice re "How long will it last, in the fridge?":-))

toeblister, Dec 15, 6:34pm
Hi 245sam (Another great cook, I follow your advice often, many thanks)Yes that is indeed the recipe above which I followed.This morning it tastes even better. In saying that next time I would make sure I did the lesser side of 1/4 t of ground cloves as I can tell that spice would surely dominate the chutney if one used a raised 1/4 teaspoon.

cookessentials, Nov 9, 11:07am
Hi guys, sorry I am a bit slow! have a quick break between hordes of people LOL over $2000 in two hours...not bad. I would imagine that it would be fine for a week in the fridge, perhaps longer?