Best Scrambled Eggs

jerrytravis, Dec 14, 4:32am
5 x Free Range Eggs
tsp splash of cold water
100 g real Butter approx

whisk all the eggs in a bowl then a add little water and whisk a liitle more. with a double boiler fill with water and bring to the boil. melt the butter, then add the beaten eggs to the mix and turn the temperature to medium heat, stirring slowly but constantly until the eggs coagulate. ready.

the butter makes the egg taste super smooth and rich, and the colour is much brighter than the standard, run of the mill method! serve simply on your favourite toasted bread, real dry cured bacon and lightly seasoned with black pepper.

elliehen, Dec 14, 4:41am
I add a dollop of sour cream to mine :)

accroul, Dec 14, 4:51am
I make mine with cream instead of water. For an added touch of luxury, sometimes I beat in 2T of cream cheese too.
& I always cook in butter.

buzzy110, Dec 14, 4:57am
OMG. With the exception of the water (preferred cream) my mother used to make scrambled eggs EXACTLY like that. There were six of us so she used way more eggs than that but essentially it was identical.

She'd make them in the morning before going to work and then turn it off, leaving the bowl in the hot water and used the pudding basin lid to cover the eggs. We had that every day and last person had to wash the bowl and pot - always me.

darlingmole, Dec 14, 7:57am
Yep, I ALWAYS use butter, a splash of cream too.Must admit I do like a bit of finely diced onion in my eggs ... may be a sprinkle of grated cheese if I'm in the mood and a wonderful fresh brew of tea

illusion_, Dec 14, 10:12am
I also use a little cream instead of water. The other thing to remember is that you are making SCRAMBLED eggs, not well beaten eggs. Just break the yolks with a fork in the bowl, add a little cream, salt and pepper (and perhaps parsley, or whatever you desire).... and give a bit of a stir. Pour into a non-stick pan that has about a tablespoon of melted butter. Keep running around the bottom with a spatula, mixing as you go,until they become thick and glossy with flecks of white showing along with the yellow. Be careful not to overcook. Any watery liquid on the plate means they are overcooked.
For a REALLY special dish you can add some torn up bits of cold-smoked salmon at this stage if you wish ..... then serve immediately.

littleblackhen, Dec 15, 3:35am
Scrambled eggs mixed with milk,salt n pepper(used to use onion stock powder instead of salt)put in microwave bowl,I cook them in the microwave at a 2min interval to start with then every min till they are just starting to set,then serve it up on toast

aly65, Nov 7, 4:03pm
Butter, eggs, dash of milk, grated cheese, finely chopped (fried) bacon and a bit of chopped parsley - all piled on to a hash brown - yummy!