Need a cookie dough suitable

iamkat, Dec 12, 4:33am
to put through a cookie press thing-a-me bob - similar to an icing piping do-dad - sorry I'm incredibly tired today and I'm stuck for the really words - I bought this thing at Kmart when I was with the kids and it make different shape cookies by forcing dough through the nozzle onto a cookie tray - but when we opened it up it didnt come with a recipe and I cant for the life of me find a dough soft enough to squirt through this darn thing and the kids are - well one of them - are/is beginning to nag!
So I am turning to the experts- so folks what have you got???

valentino, Dec 12, 6:38am
Have a recipe for "Viennese Fingers" which is a soft smooth mixture piped from a piping bag onto baking trays and after baked is then dipped one end into a choc coating.

Presumably one could use this recipe to suit oneself.

Will post recipe tomorrow if interested.

Cheers.

maryteatowel1, Dec 12, 6:57am
...melting moments or yoyo recipes are good...if you cream the butter and icing sugar and mix the dry ingredients with a beater, it will be soft enough to use in a cookie press...if it's a bit stiff add a little milk...

gardie, Dec 12, 7:21am
I use the edmonds shortbread recipe - just add a little less flour so the dough is still soft.Someone on another thread said to refrigerate the tray prior to pressing the biscuits on - it helps them to stick to the tray (grease it though).

iamkat, Dec 12, 10:40am
Thanks guys - I really appreciate your help

valentino, Oct 21, 3:48pm
Viennese Fingers

100g butter softened (not melted
1/3 cup icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
100g dark cooking chocolate chopped and
30g butter extra for icing.

Preheat oven 180c.
Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Using electric beaters, cream butter and icing sugarin small bowl until light and fluffy.
Gradually add egg yolks and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
Transfer mixture to larger bowl then sift in flour.
Using a flat-bladed knife - mix until just combined and mixture is smooth.
Spoon mixture into piping bag and pipe the mixture into a wavy 6cm lengths on prepared trays.
Bake cookiesfor 12 minutes or until golden brown
Allow to cool slightly on trays then transfer to a rack to cool completely.

Melt choc and extra butter together and the mixture is smooth.
Dip half of each finger into choc mixture and leave to set on greaseproof paper or foil.

Cheers