Easy peasy pie

nannahall1, Dec 6, 9:14pm
i hate stewing steak and its always the last thing left infreezer when we get a beast killed heres a good recipe
put puff pastry on bottom of tin layer sliced stewing steak with onions and potatoes salt and pepper packet of oxtail soup mix no liquid added at all place sheet of pastry on top and cook for one and a half hours in slow oven delicious hot or cold and meat so tender enjoy

pur-chase, Dec 6, 9:16pm
Mmm... sounds yummy.Thanks - will give it a go.How thick does the steak need to be sliced?

nannahall1, Dec 6, 9:21pm
just like you were making a stew really i just haphazardly chop lol

pur-chase, Dec 6, 9:22pm
Thanks Nanna!

melissaliam, Dec 6, 9:27pm
Awesome thanks

herself, Dec 6, 10:20pm
Oh that sounds tasty.Might add some silverbeet in the layers and have that tonight.Thanks Nannahall!

nannahall1, Dec 6, 10:59pm
the beauty of it is you can really add anything you like sauces soups veges etc just cook really slow

pur-chase, Oct 5, 3:43pm
Hi Nanna.Tuesday night is "girls night" for us... besties come over for drinks and nibbles etc... so I made your pie and it went down a treat - delicimo!I did have the oxtail soup, so used a packet of brown onion gravy and 1/2 packet of shepherds pie mix.Also added carrots.Next time, I'd cut the steak smaller though.Thanks for sharing :)