Help christmas pudding novice!

lucy41, Dec 6, 3:00am
I am making Alison Holts Christmas pudding I have it in steaming now in a big old pudding steamer I greased it with heaps of butter but didn't use any baking paper. Now I'm really worried it won't turn out arghhh too expensive ingredients to waste. Do you think it will turn out? also if im storing it till xmas should i turn it out and let cool then glad wrap and refrigerate or leave it in steamer and refrigerate?

accroul, Dec 6, 3:54am
What's the steamer made of? If it's aluminimum like mine, then I'd leave it to cool then remove, wrap in gladwrap then keep in the fridge.

lucy41, Dec 6, 6:31am
Thanks yup its aluminium It did turn out phew! will do wondered how people reheat the pudding have heard of people using the microwave would that be ok? just that generally element space is at a premium on christmas day!

gardie, Dec 6, 6:37am
Pop it into a pan and boil to reheat while you are eating the main course.You can do it in the microwave quite easily - take care not to overheat - I find that it's better to reheat individual servings than the whole pudding.

timetable, Dec 6, 9:22am
i just wrap mine well in gladwrap then bag in a supermarket plastic bag and tie it off.i frezze it then and pull it out christmas eve day to defrost then into the micro for about 5 min and it comes out just lovely!!!

nzhel, Oct 2, 1:43am
I reheat mine in a crockpot. When I make an Xmas Pud I usually leave it in the steamed pudding bowl its cooked in and freeze it once its cooled. Then at Xmas I let it thaw in the fridge for at least a day or more, sprinkle with a little brandy etc then put the pudding into the crockpot in the same steamed pudding tin you cooked it in. You need obviously to put water in the crockpot the same as when you cooked it. I find this way you can almost forget about it apart from checking the water level and it doesn't matter if its in the crockpot for longer than planned, it ready when you are. It turns out very moist.