White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis.

ian195, Dec 2, 12:09am
Just wondering if anyone has a copy of this delicious cheesecake that was in the Next magazine a few years ago?
It has a base with hazelnuts in it , a white chocolate filling and a raspberry puree.
I have the list of ingredients but have lost the 2nd page of instructions so a bit unsure of what to do next.
Thanks in advance for your help.

ruckass1, Dec 2, 3:55am
Not sure if this is the one but it has hazelnuts in it.

Raspberry & white chocolate cheesecake

Ingredients (serves 10)
Melted butter, to grease
1 x 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits
1 x 100g pkt hazelnut meal
150g butter, melted
3 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (Queen brand)
3 eggs
1 x 180g pkt good-quality white chocolate, finely chopped
150g frozen raspberries
Icing sugar, to dust

Method
Brush a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Place biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the hazelnut meal and butter, and process until well combined. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Use a straight-sided glass to spread and press mixture firmly over base and side of pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.

Preheat oven to 160°C. Use an electric beater to beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla paste in a bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined. Use a spoon to gently fold in chocolate and raspberries.

Pour mixture into the biscuit base. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour until just set in the centre. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in the oven, with the door ajar, for 2 hours or until cooled completely (this will prevent cake from cracking). Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill. Dust with icing sugar to serve.

Notes
You'll need a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan for this

ian195, Dec 2, 7:08am
Thank you but its not the one I was after. Mine had gelatine in it. Maybe there is someone else with it tucked away somewhere. It was very yummy and I thought I might do it for Christmas.

rosathemad, Dec 2, 7:34am
I just made a white chocolate cheesecake, recipe as follows:

White Chocolate Cheesecake
Base
150g digestive or gingernut biscuits
½ tsp cinnamon or ginger
75g melted butter
Filling
300g cream cheese
200g sour cream or marscapone (marscapone is better but costs more)
150g sweetened condensed milk
220g white chocolate, melted
3 tsp gelatine
125ml hot water

Process biscuits into crumbs, then mix with cinnamon/ginger and butter. Press into a 20cm springform tin and chill.

Mix sour cream (if using) and cream cheese together until fluffy, then add marscapone (if using), sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate. Mix until just combined - do not overmix.

Dissolve gelatine in warm water as directed on packet and mix in, then pour onto base and chill until set - a couple of hours or overnight.

I cut strawberries in half and lined the base with these before pouring the filling in, which I reckon will look pretty cool when it's cut. I'm sure you'll find lots of raspberry coulis recipes online though. :-)

The white chocolate flavour comes through quite distinctly so make sure you use a nice one - Cadbury Dream is pretty good, actually has lots of cocoa butter in it. :-)

This will end up on my blog soon if you can hang out for photos - but might be a day or so before I get to writing it all up.

kiwibubbles, Dec 2, 8:59am
you could try emailing Next magazine for the recipe......?

ian195, Dec 2, 7:44pm
Thank you. I didn't know that you could do that.

kiwibubbles, Dec 2, 10:45pm
well I'm sure you must be able to - they probaby have some kind of recipe index. If you have a recent Next magazine, there should be some contact details in there

griffo4, Dec 4, 1:18am
lf you post the recipe on here l am sure someone here will give you an idea of what to do next and it sounds like a really nice recipe if you care to share it please

munrotti, Dec 4, 2:36am

macwood2, Dec 6, 4:08am
Ian 195 did you have any luck with finding your recipe.I have searched for the Next site, but it is very confusing.Will you post the ingredients that you have?

ian195, Oct 1, 8:14am
Hi there, Sorry I didn't get back. I'm pretty sure that th recipe is the one that munrotti has posted above. PS. Thanks for that.