Meal ideas - 3yr old and 1yr old

tuityfruity, Mar 1, 6:41am
Hi - please help! I need some meal ideas for our family that has two young boys. I want to disguise heaps of veges into stuff and any quick and tasty meal ideas would be great. Am sick of the same old stuff - and so are they... TIA! !

jamjars05, Mar 1, 6:43am
frittata. chop veges very small and combine with eggs and cheese etc. .

tuityfruity, Mar 1, 6:44am
mmmm yum frittata is great - thanks :)

jmonster, Mar 1, 6:48am
if you grate or blend veges up you can mix them in with meatballs or meatloaf and they will never know!

I usually quickly cook some frozen vege (the normal pea carrot and corn mix), chuck into my magic bullet and blend til its a paste, then mix right into my mince with some tomato sauce, and egg and some oats or breadcrumbs- add cheese or whatever flavouring your kids like.

skata, Mar 1, 6:54pm
When my son was little I, (with his help), used to make his dinner into a face onto the dinner plate, e. g. cherry toms for eyes, piece of cauli for ears etc, he used to love that and eat it all.
We also grew a vege garden and he was very enthusiastic about going out there and getting something for dinner to eat. Another way to get veges into them, is have a plate of raw veg with a dip e. g. huumus or peanut butter etc, they love dipping into this with their vege sticks.

darlingmole, Sep 21, 4:53pm
Sweetcorn fritters are a start ... everyone seems to love them. Then you could move on to other vegetable fritters with various dipping sauces (the sauces being the main attraction). I use to say to my kids that brocolli and cauli were mini trees and that they were monsters gobbling up the little trees and the power went straight to their heads as the food went to their tummies ha~!