More salmon help please! Poaching or frying?

oli3, Nov 27, 4:21am
x1
Have just realised I can't bake my salmon tonight (for dinner party starter) as oven will be full and in use cooking the main!So I am going to have to change plans again and cook it on stove top somehow, so perhaps back to poaching?How do I do this please and what liquid would you recommend for poaching?Thank you

harrislucinda, Nov 27, 4:28am
x1
neverdonethisbutguessyoucouldontinfoilin shallowpanontopofstoveiwould,ntaddmuchliquidasthetinfoilfoldedoverwillmakesteamaddlemonjuiceandseasonhopethishelps

fifie, Nov 27, 4:31am
x1
Have a look here might help you ,http://www.regalsalmon.co.nz/salmon-recipes/found/oops didn't take me to the poached recipes go there and search fro poached salmon on the site.

245sam, Nov 27, 4:40am
x1
oli3, do you have a grilling machine (George Foreman, Breville or.....)?If so I recommend that you use that and be careful that you do not overcook the salmon.
My DH usually cooks salmon in our GF and he tells me that he allows just 2 minutes per side for fillet pieces from the head-end of the salmon - it's always beautifully moist and cooked just right.:-))

davidt4, Nov 27, 4:50am
x1
To go with your mango salsa it needs to be quite plain, so I would just use water with the juice of a lemon, salt and pepper.The most important thing is not to overcook it - it should barely simmer and still be slightly translucent in the middle as it will continue to cook once you lift it out of the poaching liquid.Drain briefly on paper towels.

oli3, Nov 27, 6:08am
x1
Thanks so much everyone, table is set, wine is chilling, candles are lit and now I'm putting my feet up for 5 mins til guests arrive! Thanks for the help!

pistolero, Nov 28, 2:50am
x1
It's probably far to late to be of use to you but I do my salmon in a flavourwave bench top oven, and like everything I do in there, it comes out just perfect. About 6 minutes on 175 for a large salmon fillet, no need to turn or do anytrhing else. The fish ends up non fatty, delicious, moist. I'm a real fan of the flavourwave results. For meats, sear in a hot pan before putting in the flavourwave and you'll have the tenderest steaks and chops you've ever had.

vashti, Sep 13, 10:50am
x1
Could I ask you please how much you use this flavourwave. I am thinking of getting one for my son, he is lives on his own and works long hours on a farm.Is is easy to use, versitile, durable and easy to clean. I dont really know any one who has used one. Thanks in advance.