Rose water for Baklava

aw217, Nov 23, 10:02am
Where can I buy this? I found it in the health shop but it said "not for consumption" I am in Half Moon Bay , Auckland.

kate777, Nov 23, 10:08am
I get mine at the asian supermarket up behind the albany westfield. Between the bnz and the euro deli place. Is it Mercure Way?

lilyfield, Nov 23, 10:13am
chemist

svx1, Nov 23, 10:17am
Hi there you could ring Millys in Ponsonby /Sarbarto Mt Eden/Meditterean warehouse can order online they are stockists of it and Moore Wilson Wellington hope this helps you.Oh I just thought give Zarbos in New Market a ring I think they have it too...

cookessentials, Nov 23, 5:17pm
If you are in Half Moon Bay, try Sabato in Normanby Road

aw217, Nov 23, 7:13pm
Thanks, I will try and get some tomorrow. I have made it with out the rose water and it was fine, But I would like to try it with the rose water too.

bisloy, Nov 24, 12:08am
Can you share the recipe?

cookessentials, Nov 24, 12:51am
This is the recipe I use which has no rosewater in it.
500g filo pastry
250g butter
250g walnut pieces
2 teaspoons cinnamon
55g (¼ cup) sugar
Syrup
110g (½ cup) sugar
125ml (½ cup) water
4 tablespoons clear honey
125ml (½ cup) lemon juice

Melt butter; grease 28cm x 18cm (11in x 7in) lamington tin. If necessary, cut pastry roughly to size of tin. (The packaged pastry can vary in size, depending on manufacturer.) Layer half the pastry (approximately 15 sheets) one on top of the other, brushing each layer with melted butter.
Cut into squares with a sharp knife, cutting right down to base; brush top pastry with butter. Bake at 180C for approximately 45 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
Combine finely chopped walnuts, cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle evenly over top layer. Fold over any untrimmed edges of pastry. Continue layering remaining pastry, again
brushing each layer with melted butter.
Syrup: Combine sugar, water, honey and lemon juice in pan, stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil. Pour hot syrup over baklava, leave overnight for syrup to be absorbed

horizons_, Sep 2, 11:54am
You could try addng a few drops of rose essence to your syrup to give you the same flavour effect. Countdown sells both rosewater and essence.